- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Tattered flag retired

Steve purchased a new flag and had to retire the old one respectfully.  Perfect time was when the girls visited with their Mom and Annette on Monday.
Opa digging



each one had to dig and had the process explained to them

Genevieve had to dig a few shovels too



o.k. it's time

looks like two holes here

Genevieve placing it in the ground




Time for pledge of allegiance led by our Veteran Opa.




Most important children learn respect for our flag early on.  They were taught on Monday a lot more.

2 comments:

  1. aww!! they are having wonderful time with their Opa..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this ceremony you shared with your grands, Betsy! We have several flags that we need to do dispose of properly. I must say I've never heard of this method. Thank you for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy