- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, May 4, 2018

It's what's blooming

At the height of bloom are the azaleas and dogwoods.   Not much longer before they will be gone.  Here are a few.  

The first one is a bee busy collecting pollen that Annette captured.  She was showing me his hind legs and how they were heavy with pollen to take back to the hive.



My pitiful looking Iris plants.  I used to have a black one and now for the last two years it hasn't bloomed.  The soil is not right.



Pink dogwood

I zoomed way in for this one.  Just a beautiful tree

front yard against the fence


An area at the side fence that needs tending.  These wildflowers are so pretty in clumps around the yard.

I don't know what they are called.

Perfect lavender petals

Here is the large azalea next to drive.  This one must be almost 40 years old.  It's huge. 

Grand daddy's beard, as I have heard it called forever.  Fringe tree.  Iris's not doing well and need to be moved.

St. Frances is a little hidden here.  



Peonies ready for a show.

That's it for now.

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing your pretty garden, Betsy! Your pink dogwood is so lovely. All of our's are white. The bee capture is terrific. They work so hard to gather pollen and we need them! The azalea he is visiting is a beautiful color--such a lovely pastel! We've been having an issue with wasps on our patio this year. Not sure what to do about it. Your peonies are going to put on a show for you. I hope you share that when it happens! Stay cool, my friend. We're going to have another hot one. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. A joy to take a stroll around your beautiful garden, such a wonderful array of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you. sad to say they are fading fast, especially in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, your soil may not be just right for the iris but it is right on for the azelas. You have a wonderful collection of the beautiful plants. Spring must be a vision at your place..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,
    O MY!! Your blooms are simply gorgeous!!! So lovely!!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your azaleas --showing off their colors--are gorgeous. Ours are beginning to bloom now.. We think we are about 2 weeks behind where we usually are on the date.... But--the Dogwoods are almost gone now... Our Irises are blooming now --and some of the roses are getting ready!!!!!!

    I talked about a new book you would enjoy reading on my blog today....
    Hugs,
    Betsy



    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy