Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Last pictures of Ginter (3)

The property that Lewis Ginter Botanical garden is on was once Powhatan Indian hunting grounds. Patrick Henry owned it at one time also.
Lewis Ginter, a Richmond business man purchased nine acres in 1895.
Having colleagues in the Commonwealth and Westmoreland Clubs, he allowed to build the Lakeside Wheel Club. A destination for Richmond bicyclists.  It was taken from a one story structure and made into what is now the Bloemendaal House.

Some shots around the home.
pretty potted flowers


sundial







The sky was darkening



Adalyn and Genevieve walking around the Japanese gardens


A gentleman showed Adalyn, Genevieve and Opa how to properly fold and make their rabbit?   I think that is what it is.  Very serious children I see here.  Opa must have messed his up.


Happy Wednesday
Part One  and   Part Two

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of this place but haven't been there. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos of the gardens, Betsy! You have really made me want to visit soon. Darling photo of the serious children and Opa. I like the rabbits. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful serene place to hang out..

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy