- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Rainy Sunday

I love rainy days and this is how it was early this morning.   I baked a blueberry and fresh apple(from Maine) bread.  Such an easy thing to do.  Self rising flour, little sugar, lemon flavor, cardamom, cinnamon and any spice you like, an egg, butter, milk and mix all together, I actually blend cold butter into flour first then add the rest.  I baked on convection at 330 for my oven anyway and then took out, added confectioners sugar on top.
Strong coffee to go with it.

I like the texture and it was moist.

 I forgot what these are called but my daughter brought these to me and they are huge and after sitting a while will get sweeter.  Love the red color inside the skin.

The rain was pouring this morning


5 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Your blueberry and fresh apple cake looks yummy and no doubt was good with the strong coffee!
    It amazes me already for 36 years that we live here, why people in the USA fall for rich and moist...?!
    In Europe you don't have that kind of cakes, they are always well baked and never 'moist' as that is a sign of not yet done and thus not healthy for the stomach either.
    Don't you know Sweet Potatoes? Don't know about them getting sweeter... they get softer and to my liking not as good anymore. We will eat them today, here in the cabin in the mountains of Tennessee! Luckily no rain here, neither yesterday on the day of the wedding.
    Friday was awful when I literally drove for 5 of the total 7 hours through heavy rain!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blueberry and fresh apple cake looks very delicious. Here the weather is extremely dry, and on the top of the high wind is blowing, which is not at all good. The power is shut off many places due to precautionary measure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were supposed to have rain all day and windy. No wind and the sun came out early.
      I hope you will be safe and wind will stop. Awful not to have power.

      Delete
  3. Bets,
    Looks really good!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blueberry and apple cake sure looks delicious! We had a deluge this morning, but this afternoon was lovely even though quite warm. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy