- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, October 21, 2019

Happy Birthday Genevieve

Our grand daughter turned six on Friday but today the 19th was the celebration at the sports park.  Putt Putt and pizza or subs with cake and ice cream to finish off.

Friday on her real birthday  the 18th was a trip to the pumpkin patch with her class.  I was a chaperone and I must say the children were all happy to be here on a nice breezy but warm day.
Genevieve on bottom right with the blonde wavy hair.




Later in the day Steve and I went to Agecroft Hall to see  a murder mystery play.  The changing scenes were not on a stage but in the rooms of the Tudor mansion built in the late 15th century England and brought to Richmond.  I liked this so much as we got to tour the different rooms where the mystery was played out and nice seeing twilight through the stained glass. Candle light lit the way for us.  No pictures were allowed as usual in the home.


blooming still in the sunken garden


Saturday the 19th is the sports park for birthday celebration for Genevieve who is 6






I took a piece of birthday cake to mom today and she did enjoy it.  We played scrabble and she won again.



3 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    As I'm still archiving Pieter's life, photos, slides, videos and articles he published or about him, it is a stark contrast with this generation... Sure it is great to have a birthday but ours, sure not Pieter's, never ever got celebrated! Are children nowadays happier?! Doubt it... it has become such a brainwashed thing to do, only to generate lots of $$$ in every way. Bet your dear Mom did not have any of that...
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy: She is getting so big. Happy Birthday, little Genevieve. That play sounds like so much fun. Mom looks good and looks like she is enjoying life..Happy Week to you..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Genevieve! What fun times she enjoyed to celebrate. It was nice you and your husband went to Agecroft for a fun evening. That's wonderful that your mother still enjoys Scrabble! Her mind is sharp, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy