- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Happy Sunday

Earlier this morning out with coffee.  Can feel September coming on.  Gosh this year will be gone before we know it.
Flowers are prettier now that it is not as beastly hot.
This beautiful Rose of Sharon.  Flowers are larger than most I have seen.

My sister pulled up a sprout of it from her yard and placed in Swan planter.
Well it stayed there about a season.  The shrub grew through the planter and I took a chance on pulling it out which luckily didn't make too big of a hole in the planter.  We put it in the front yard almost two summers ago and it took off.  Very hardy. 

Now I will try and root another from this.


This miniature rose from last February purchased at Valentines day is growing very well 


Chive blossoms I picked and placed in white vinegar for about a week turned it pink. It has a floral onion flavor which I mist on salad.  Children even like it.   The florets from the chives turned the vinegar a pretty pink color

Owl I purchased Steve for his Birthday was flapping his wings in the breeze this morning.

I pureed some strawberries last week with sugar.  1 pint half and half, 1  pint whipping cream and about a pint or little less of whole milk with some natural strawberry flavoring.  I threw in a little malted milk powder.  Churned in ice cream freezer.  Turned out creamy .

A short video of this morning I took of the gorgeous clouds and a bird flying over the holly tree watching her nest.

Now to catch up with some blogs I have not visited this past week.  Behind on everything it seems lately.  
Happy Sunday
Betsy

7 comments:

  1. U make chive vinegar too, its lovely on salad and makes a great dressing. The icecream looks amazing, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I like the chive vinegar spritzed on my salads. Children love it.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Betsy,
    Wow, your Hibiscus flowers are looking very happy. Glad the one got moved from its constricted planter into full freedom to flourish.
    Your strawberry ice cream turned out into a professional one! Great photo.
    The video shows that you too got the summer evening concerts of the Cicades, like we have in Georgia. Soon that will be weaning and we enter fall.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe we are through the summer almost. Wow, the time has flown. Thank you for compliment on my ice cream. I must say it was tasty. Girls loved it. Yes, the Cicadas are so noisy here in the evening. I welcome fall. We have the fireplace gentleman coming next week to clean and make sure the gas fireplace is working well. We have it done every fall.
      Hugs to you
      Mariette.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see the flowers and the owl.
    The ice cream definitely looks yummy.

    Happy September Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Glad you are feeling some Fall there. Here we are still in summer --with lots of heat/humidity... I'm so ready for Autumn and some leaf color changes!!!!! (My favorite season)....

    I love that big OWL..... We have trouble with woodpeckers pecking on our wooden house at times --and I need to get a big owl and put in that area!!!!Maybe that would help keep the woodies on the trees and NOT on our home....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy