- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Happy Saturday

Yesterday was rainy.  Just about all day.  Being children they could not sit in the house all day.
Opa brought out some beach chairs and put up the garage doors.  Snacks of cashews and fruit were enjoyed.  They rain watched and talked about lot's of different subjects. 


Thursday I picked a tomato, basil and rosemary to make a tart.

I sautéed onions also to go on top with some mushrooms I had in the refrigerator.
I made the crust from flour, little salt, olive oil, milk and I threw in a little baking soda and an egg.
worked out really well.




my rustic tart.  very tasty. I sprinkled parmesan on top.  

Tomatoes I planted this year is called   Mortgage Lifter.  I ordered seeds from Burpee and started my own.   They do better for me this way.  I put calcium in with the dirt along with fertilizer and I had not one bit of blossom end rot.  I usually do but not this year .. Calcium helped.  Indeterminate tomatoes I like the best to plant.  
One of the tomatoes I picked off was very large and a slice covered a slice of  bread for sandwich.

Picked some flowers and one was from my Rose of Sharon 






Back in at lunch yesterday, Genevieve likes candles lit while eating.  

I purchased purple spray paint for my butterfly chair.

Finished it. 

Good Saturday all


6 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    LOVE the photo where Opa is entertaining his two granddaughters; precious for creating fond memories for later - much later!
    Oh, we have had such dark and dreary, thundering days with rain on and off. Good for the lawn but you cannot do much else.
    I'm still waiting, for my eBook file. Got promised by our graphic designer to have it by the end of the week but she needs to convert the tables to a different format. Hoping that by next week I finally will be DONE with it all. This dragging on and on drives me crazy. I want my life back and finally need to make the appointment for cataract surgery. Patience is not my biggest thing...
    You have been rather active and what a joy for baking such a rustic and healthy tart from garden veggies, minus the mushrooms. Love the butterfly chair too.
    Thanks for you visit. Yes, I'm proud of such editorial reviews and used them for the book. So glad that I had digitalized all scrapbooks and everything so I had it all at hand! Needed to translate from German to English but that's okay. Those are reviews and quotations from others and no bragging about oneself! That to me is even more valuable as we both hate to do so. Some people inflate themselves in a nauseating way... FAKE but I guess that most people are smart enough to see through that.
    Big hugs and happy weekend,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, your tart of all your lovely vegetables looks divine! How romantic Genevieve enjoys candles for meals. She sounds like my kind of girl. What a cute photo of Opa and the girls in the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness the tart looks delicious and must have tasted divine using homegrown produce. Love the butterfly chair, a great makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, there is always such fun stuff going on at your house. What a joy to have the girls there. The garage set up is wonderful with Grandpa. You know they love that. Your garden is giving you back such wonderful things and I love the purple butterfly chair..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Genevieve, candles please! I am seriously wanting a piece of that rustic pizza! And what a cool name for a tomato. My garden is full of purple flowers, I love them so much, so your butterfly bench is a winner with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    Love the candles and LOVE that purple butterfly chair!! So pretty!!!Pizza looks good! Glad that you got some rain...We did too from a few thunderstorms on Monday...Almost 2 inches in my back yard...At least I will not have to water for a bit now....More storms predicted tomorrow and then remnants of hurricane Laura maybe for the weekend....
    Thanks for visiting!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy