Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, July 10, 2020

Happy Friday and a Little This and That

Nothing prettier to see early in the morning than these red roses with a coffee in hand.



Oh those hot muggy summer days are here.  It has to be early when I go out to water flowers and pull a few weeds.  
Tomato plants are growing like crazy and I did have to cut some back a little.  The ones I trimmed are the indeterminate ones.  They have tomatoes on them but the plants are  getting a little out of hand.



Morning Glories greet early



When too miserable to be out I am in trying to take care of a few chores and one being
the sidelights and how to diffuse the view to inside for right now.

I didn't know at this point what I wanted to put on sidelights at door.  We decided  on window film from Home Depot.  Easy to put on and it does let in a little light.

There are all different types, I chose this one for the color.


Little dark but it's hard to get a picture really well of how it looks


Any how, I am happy with it.


Girls wanted to dress up to wake up Opa the other day and put on a moustache and coats with his hats.  Adalyn looks like Colonel Sanders.  Genevieve is behind her.  The came up the stairs from downstairs kitchen area that we use mostly in summer saying the the Electrician was here.  He jumped up and started laughing.  Told them to wait so he could get their picture.  Our little clowns.

Picked these for the table or several tables as there are just so many.

I did get around to pulling the lavender buds for sachets and to put in some salts to season for baths.

Dill, Chive, tomato plant, French sorrel still looking good

Good Day Everyone.  I am getting ready to go out to some Antique shops with the girls.  Hopefully they want to go.  They really want to go to the pool again.  Will see

13 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Lovely photos, especially your happy and healthy roses.
    Being the 2nd daughter of a Market Gardener I've pruned thousands of tomatoes and want to show you also HOW TO.
    It makes all the difference for getting those suckers off. We call them in Dutch 'thieves' as they steal nutrients and also avoids light from reaching the plant. It also stimulates the mildew and other mold diseases. So please view this: https://youtu.be/mPf7a96eOlQ
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typed in the address and several videos came up. One was very informative. I do need to prune a foot from the bottom of the plant for air flow and prevent fungus and haven't thought about doing this.. I ordered calcium early on and mixed in the dirt. I haven't planted indeterminate tomatoes in ages but I find now I like them better. One video said to prune as instructed for planting closer together and I do need to do that right now. I have quite a few Dutch thieves on my plants. Thank you for info. and now off to get them pruned. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
    2. 🌱 Betsy, you should have been able to click the link in your email...

      Delete
    3. It's not clickable. I cut and pasted in my browser and several you tube videos came up

      Delete
    4. Betsy, not clickable here above but in the email with comment you and I get...😉

      Delete
  2. Those girls made me smile, what fun to have young ones around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful window film on the side windows. I wonder if one could apply window film and remove it later on without much issues. We live in a parsonage so I would have to remove it when we leave. :( The girls are so sweet. It's so nice to have grand children nearby. I miss our grand child and we will not see her till next year. Your flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and we do have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grand girls are so adorable, Betsy! I know they bring joy to your days! Everything is looking good in your garden. We need rain so badly. I've been watering most days and really don't look forward to getting our utility bill! I like what you did to diffuse your side lights. They look very pretty! Stay cool during this heat wave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your garden photos very much Betsy. Everything looks beautiful and that’s an amazing tomato plant you have there! I love what you’ve done with those side windows. We have the same kind of windows and this is a great way of getting that stain glass effect, and so pretty! The overall photo we could have the same front door :) Super cute pictures of your granddaughters. What a fun surprise for their grandpa. Bet you had fun antique shopping too. Happy Sunday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, your flowers are always so beautiful and the colors in your photos are so bright and pretty. My morning glories didn't come back this year, so disappointing. The sidelights are gorgeous and look just like stained glass. How cute the girls are and they must have the best imaginations..Stay well my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may be hot, but everything is growing wonderfully!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy