- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, March 21, 2013

St Johns fences

In Churchill - Richmond Virginia's oldest standing neighborhood is St. Johns church,    c. 1741
While on a drive to downtown a year back for some shopping,  we stopped to walk around the area and tour inside.
 Outside are some wrought iron fences.  I took this one of the cemetery from the side street. 
The old brick wall behind it.

Through the fence  is the steeple
Patrick Henrys famous "Give me Liberty or Give me Death" speech.
 Down a little further - taken to show the street side.      A portion of the old brick wall fell in some areas around the church yard a while  back  and I  think this area was held up by part of the brick wall also..
 
I am sharing with Fridays Fences

12 comments:

  1. the 2nd shot with the steeple in the background w/ the blue sky is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go there and see that in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice shots! Love that you visited the church there! Lots of history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! That cemetery is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots- I love the second one- so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved that second shot, also, but enjoyed all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the second shot...great fences in all! Welcome to FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betsy,
    You go to the neatest historic places. Your photos are great. Thanks for sharing. Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos of the steeple through the fence. I enjoy seeing historic sites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like unusual angles,the first photo is great,love the contrast of the fence with the wall behind it and the angle of looking up at the steeple.

    Thanks for you comment about blogging,you are responsible for me getting myself together and setting up a new blog.THANK YOU.
    Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy