Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Another hot one

Stayed in mostly today except for watering plants.  The temp gauge in den read almost 99 degrees Fahrenheit.   That is in the shade here at 4:30 p.m.

\

Outside things are still looking pretty good.  It rained really well for a short period yesterday evening.
Looking ahead to my hibiscus my sister gave me in a pot 4 years ago.  It's been in the ground for two seasons.  
We always called this plant "Rose of Sharon".


Butterflies are loving the zinnias in front of house

I see a dragonfly in motion right behind the butterfly.

Had to get a close up of this one as it's my favorite color in variation.

Not sure of the type or color name this go round but several years ago when I purchased these seeds, the package said vintage and that was it.

Girls on the porch making Christmas in July, well that's what I call it.  I printed them off paper houses that they colored and then attached to heavy card stock and went to town with it.  Snow, snow man, glitter etc...
This one is Genevieves

Genevieve embellished with all she could find.  Adalyn decided to do the same.  I think they are so pretty and sparkly.
Genevieve had to have a gravel walkway and she made one too.


This one is Adalyn's, she had to have a garage with hers.  They both made arches with pipe cleaners in front of the houses. I thought that was pretty creative. 
After that, they went to my Christmas stash in the garage and borrowed they say, my village characters and glued them on.  They had a good time.

Adalyn busy working on hers.

Finished with her garage too.



Good evening all and stay cool!

8 comments:

  1. Making SNOW art on a hot day is the way to go! Wow, loving that flower, is that a Zinnia? Love how the color is. Talking about hot...just heard on the news that our feels like will be between 100 and 105 tomorrow. Last couple of days were a tad better thanks to Barry (hurricane). I am so ready for summer to end....so ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Christmas in July crafts are a joy, such fun. Beautiful flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We start getting the heat wave tomorrow through the weekend. I love the christmas in july projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your zinnias are so pretty and don’t look affected by the heat at all. It looks like the butterflies really appreciate their beauty, too. Your granddaughters are very creative. I can’t wait for a break in the heat here but it doesn’t look like we will get one until close to the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, Betsy. Your little girls are so creative. Do they get that from Grandma? Your zinnias are so pretty, mine are just plain run of the mill. It looks like you might be withering in the heat. We have only reached mid 80's and that is plenty hot enough for me..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the girls made their sweet snow villages, Betsy. What a great idea for such a hot week we're having. They did a great job. Very creative. Your garden looks so nice with your lovely flowers and visiting butterflies and dragonflies. Stay cool, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy,
    Okay, you are much hotter there than we are here. Our temps. are supposed to get into the low 90's but with dew points in the 70's which is considered tropical...Crazy!! I will be stuck in the house until this ends on Monday...Great Christmas in July project with the grands..Thanks so much for stopping by!
    Hugs.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos. It was really hot here today!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy