- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Evening flowers at Ginter gardens

Steve and I visited Lewis Ginter Gardens.   They were open til  9 so people could enjoy them late into the evening. 


I always have to see what is in the gift shop when I get there
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
gorgeous tulips as we make our way to the house
 
little johnny jump ups as under plantings
 

 
 
 
 

entrance to children's garden



music on the lawn with refreshments


blurry but I had to show the plantings and how they have them arranged so neatly

inside  , I love the soft colors and the wood
sun room overlooking the lake
beautiful billowy curtains
we asked about the lake and were told it actually was a creek.  Lewis Ginter dammed it up to make the large water it is today.  
scene from the window and sun room




just about time to go

I am sharing with  Bramble Berry Cottage's Time travel Thursday and lavender Garden cottages - Cottage style party

3 comments:

  1. So you had a nice evening. I like ruins in a garden, but only old one. Its modern tuday, to make a new ruin.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm off to visit a botanical garden today and your lovely photos got me in the mood!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mamma che bello questo post!Questi fiori sono una meraviglia!Baci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy