Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Donna and a Cake

Happy Birthday Donna - my baby sister.  




  I made her a pumpkin spice cake and smells good enough to eat.
started out this way
still working
Better
It took a large pillar candle and then I used a shorter pillar melted to frost and a couple votives to
drizzle.  I decided that looked better.   Smells like pumpkin spice.

Cleaning up wasn't so bad after the mess I made.
 when you melt the candles for frosting,  wait til it get a little set on top and whip,  I used a fork and then a knife to spread on.  Had to keep melting the wax or warm it up I should say as it does harden some while I am spreading it,  but warming it up as much as you need is no problem.    I poured water into pan and brought to boil and poured out ,  in the side yard and washed the pan with soap ,  came out clean .
Was fun to do and she wanted one.

I am sharing with Inspired Sunday best blog party ever

6 comments:

  1. I had to read this twice I actually thought you'd made a cake LOL silly me, very impressive job you've done and I imagine your kitchen did smell delicious and Happy Belated Birthday to your sister Donna...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the b-day wishes. The candles is very impressive!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It does smell wonderful--just like Autumn spices!

      Delete
  3. This candle was so beautiful and smelled so wonderful. My son was really impressed--he asked: 'SHE MADE THAT"!!! I have it setting on my dining room table. A most beautiful gift indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a beautiful candle and smells amazing. My son couldn't believe it was handmade. Looks beautiful on my dining room table. I really love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.