- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Sunday post

Hi there, getting much chilly after the sun lowers in the evening.  We started putting lights on the shrubs today but have a long way to go. Hope to get everything out by Wednesday.  Will not light until after Thanksgiving.  I will put my wreaths out Thanksgiving evening.   

My potpourri is scented  now with the orange oil and orange slices I dried in my air dryer.  Cloves, lavender buds that I crushed and used as a fixative, orange peels all make for a festive scent this time of year. 

I placed most in a silver tray I purchased for $2.00 near me at a secondhand store.

The Putka pods hold the scent really well.


I decided I am going to buy some pies for Thanksgiving and some other premade items.  No point in rushing around and cooking so much when some things are just as good coming from a bakery. Pre cut fruit and vegetables help out a lot. 

This cherry pie is delicious. 

Little Debbie cakes

Taking the wrappers off and placing on a pretty plate makes these little Debbie cakes all the more attractive and they are very good little cakes.  I know they look like Christmas but that's o.k.
They can snack on them while I am putting ornaments on the tree in the evening 
------- 
I found these pretty paper napkins by Pioneer Woman.  They are pretty and will be using these Thanksgiving.   A recipe on the inside for baked mashed potatoes


I did put the tree on the porch with the Santa.  I will put lights on that probably tomorrow.  Will brighten the area nicely in the evening.




I found this picture on Pinterest, and I copied it.  I will darken the nativity with a sharpie, place a star, then frame it for my table.   I have some other ideas for different prints like this. 

That's it for now
Bye, betsy

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture the music with the nativity makes! I had a plan for decorating again this year. It has fallen by the wayside. I guess I will do what I do. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I can't really plan. I think I know what I want to do but it always changes. I am just going to go through my stuff and see where decorating takes me.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Betsy,
    You are in the mood for creating a wam home for Thanksgiving and beyond.
    Kudos for your self made potpourri!
    Enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving with family!!!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariette, I appreciate much your kind words. Yes, I am in the mood now as it's getting closer. Small and much loved family gathering of Son, wife and grand daughters. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Pieter! Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
  3. I love that thrifted silver plate. What a bargain! I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy