- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Spring kinda

Spring kinda comes and goes these past few weeks.  We have frost but didn't hurt anything.  I didn't cover any plants.  No point.  Most are hardy and a little frost won't hurt them.


Seeds of Nasturtiums are coming up and I have more to put in the ground.  I think they do better when planted directly in soil.    Allow the plants to rot into the soil after growing season to add nutrients, calcium is one.   I let them die back in the pots and I just plant whatever else I choose to plant in the same soil next season. 
Strawberry bed gone wild. I extended to two smaller beds and that should be it.  These are every bearing and June bearing mixed. 
Chives planted in with pine berries.  They are white and taste a little like pineapple.  Well they taste like that to me anyway.

Should get quite a bit off of the Pine berries this year. 
Yarrow is thicker this year and will have to be divided but I do like the pretty green color of the feather leaves. 

Peonies will be opening soon.  I do not think they will be as pretty because it is rather chilly tonight. 
We still have our gas fireplace going most evenings.

Next few days this whole azalea will be bloomed out.

Bunny on my fence. I don't mind this one. there are some real ones running around and I put barriers up so they won't get the plants I know they love to eat.  
Dianthus blooming so pretty at lamp post. I have petunias and Sweet William in there too. 

In the far back yard.  Husband is tillering me a small area to plant. I will put in some tomatoes and beans.  Maybe peppers although they did wonderfully well in pots for me last year on the patio.
I will put rat wire down and then dirt on top and place cinderblocks around the sides.  I will have to put up a fence to keep deer out. 

Deer will come right out of those woods.  I will be late planting this year.  Nothing can do well anyway with this crazy off and on-again cold weather we are having. 


Granddaddy's beard (fringe tree) blooming beautifully and oh so fragrant again this year. 

I was using my cell phone camera capturing a picture of the moon a few nights ago. It was big and bright and so close to the earth.

Good evening, until next time

                                                          

6 comments:

  1. Betsy you have such a pretty garden, I love those bunnies! Great photos! Happy Friday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Betsy,
    You are quite a gardener!
    Smart for having ever–bearing strawberries and white ones.
    Will be eating white strawberries for dessert tonight, big ones store bought.
    Hoping that you can soon say goodbye to the frost period.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariette and thank you for the compliment. I rather be out of doors that indoors any day. Love the dirt I must say.
      I had the big white strawberries from the store one time, and I so love them. I may have to get me some tomorrow when shopping. It was over 80 degrees today and we may be over the frost now. Hugs to you, Betsy

      Delete
  3. Love all the bright colors and that strawberry patch looks like it was pulled right out of a Mr. McGregor's garden! We're still stuck in a bit of chill here. Tulips have bloomed, but it's too cold for anything else...and I'm getting impatient!! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy