- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Everything coming up flowers

 Everything has decided to  bloom at once it looks to be .  Had some really warm weather except for today but we did have high in the 80's last week.

I planted the two boxwood that were growing under the dogwood in front yard.  They come up there from the very large ones near the road.  Off shoots I guess they are called.  I pulled bottom leaves off and will leave them here for a long while.  




Mock orange and Peonies in the vase at the entrance to kitchen. 

Arrangement on the porch also.


This Kale going on the third season.  It's this one plant that is in a planter off the ground that keeps producing.  I just pull off the flowers so it doesn't go to seed.  Enough for a meal for us at a time.

 Time for a close up. 

I have been working on this puzzle off and on for a few days.  It is one of the hardest I think I have ever done.  Gonna take a long while for this one.  I have a few others to do also. 

This azalea was taken in full bloom last week.  It's fading fast now. 



Grand Daddys beard or Fringe tree


I picked a few stalks of fringe along with azalea for table.  This was taken last week also. We have been so busy with house chores inside and out that I am behind on posts.


Little window box in bedroom window downstairs.  


Went to yard sales with the grand girls last Saturday and they had such a good time.  They asked me to take them and I did.  I found this pretty little lacey black frame for a dollar.


I could not resist this coffee pot with warmer and it looks to be 1960 era?  Not sure but I do like retro and this looks retro to me. 


Well that is it for now, til next time
Betsy





5 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    What gorgeous Peonies you got; a DREAM!
    And also the Mock Orange.
    We have not a single Peony left, lost so much...
    Enjoy your blossoms and your granddaughters; they are family-blossoms.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette, I remember you saying that you lost peonies. I have heard and it seems to be so that the colder the winter, the better the blooms on Peonies. I need to start another bed of them as I have to divide again the ones growing at the gate in back yard. I like what you said about my granddaughters, they are my family blossoms and I so love them dearly.
      Hugs to you, Betsy

      Delete
  2. Hi Betsy, you have the prettiest azaleas I have ever seen. I have never seen a plant that large. Love the mock orange and that arrangement is really pretty. My grandmother had a huge bush of them in her front yard. That coffee carafe looks very interesting and does look to be retro..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy