- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Sunny Sunday

Starting Sunday morning with cheese and mushroom quiche.  I like nutmeg sprinkled on the top also. 

 

 Fruit salad on the side.

Outside it's sunny after a rainy night to bring those May flowers.  Seeds are popping up every where and I am afraid to weed too much before I see exactly what they are.

Sitting on the patio and looking out at the last of the blooms on the azaleas in back yard yesterday.

A few I brought into the porch for  table.

Few tulips in bloom and this color especially I do like a lot.

Still thriving at the boxwoods in front of house.

I freed up  a few pots with tulips as they are starting to turn to seed and I don't want that.  I clipped them off, pulled them up and now will put them in a box to let the greenery die back down into the bulb like I did last year to replant later this year.


I look forward to seeing this one in full bloom as it's one of the last to bloom at the driveway

This is a close up of the flowers at the very bottom blooming.

I just trimmed this box a few or so weeks ago and it's growing like a weed. Not sure how long these plants are supposed to be in pots but it has been years in this one.  






Happy Sunday everyone 

betsy


 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers you have growing, Betsy, your quiche looks so delicious, I enjoy quiche so much also sprinkled with nutmeg.
    have a blessed day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! We had four inches of snow last Tuesday and this Tuesday we are supposed to get up in the 80's. I cut my daffodils and brought them inside to enjoy, but my lilacs survived and are blossoming. We will see what happens with my apple trees. The blossoms look okay, but they are heirloom trees and pretty fussy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your apple trees survive. I love the way lilacs perfume a room when brought inside. I have white one but no purple one and that is what I need to get. My daughter has some in west va that are very old. Pretty hardy those old trees.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    Lovely and very fresh looking spring garden after all the rain!
    We too had rain, all day and how. Today sunny and 78.8°F and we both went on our longest bike ride ever; 23.5 miles we kept rolling.
    Smart for digging the tulips up, that way they will not end up as gourmet food for the voles!
    Enjoy your new patio with the lovely views of the garden.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Mariette, you and Pieter are so fit. I got on my husbands bike and fell off. This was a few months ago. I need to work up gradually again I know. 23 miles, that is so great.
      Gourmet food for the moles is right! I am getting them up. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
    2. Ah yes I see. I do have an abundance of both and especially voles. I must say the in ground patio sort of threw them off a little.

      Delete
  4. Betsy,
    Your yard and blooms look so pretty!!! It is supposed to hit 80 here this week but I am sure we will end up with a frost the following week...Just the way it is here in Spring in NEPA every year...Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy