- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Happy Sunny Sunday

Just come in from watering my plants and now thinking about going to Home Depot to purchase some more petunias.  They have color all through the summer for the pots and ground.  Seems like the more I trim them, the more they grow thicker and more blooms.

In the pot at the steps are zinnia that I put there as seed and they are growing very well.



I have a mum in this pot that I picked off two stems and as you can see they have already rooted from a few weeks ago.  They are teeny but grow fast.

I

Yesterday morning it was just as pretty with shadows cast on back yard along with a picture of my mini rose that is loaded with blooms

Peas with blooms.  I have a few more plants of them in the bed nearby

A birthday gift for Steve and I placed it at his office window.  Like the way he flaps his wings in the wind.
 A week and a half ago.  The children painting pictures outside.  I ask them to paint something that was out in the yard.   Adalyn painted horses, Genevieve painted the beach with sand.  Neither is in my yard, but they wished so I imagine.

I moved sweet williams and hopefully next year there will be more when they re seed.  

Had to share a picture Genevieve drew of her holding hands with Great Grandma.  She showed it to her on zoom and will mail it to her.  I told mom I would drop her off a strawberry shake and of course she loved that idea.  We were met at the front and the lady we always talk to took it straight to her.  

More pictures from our walk around the town of Gordonsville in Orange County Va.




Of course I just like looking at the pretty potted plants.  Window shopping not bad either as I saved some money.




Must try this French restaurant when the doors are open for dinner again.
 Happy Sunday

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to shop with all the potted flowers as decor very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Betsy. Happy Dreary Monday! Your flowers are looking so pretty and I love the girls and their artwork. Virginia must be a beautiful state. I would love to see it someday. Plugging along over here!..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty photos, love seeing your grandkids enjoy themselves and that garden owl you bought your husband, such a neat gift. Your house and garden look great and Gordonsville looks like a place I would like to go to one day, and lunch at the French Restaurant, thanks Betsy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning!!
    That is the one thing that I have to remember to do now that i planted some petunias is to trim them and to not let them get so leggy... I also have to look for some Zinnias...The owl gift for your husband is lovely!! And there is nothing like a town with quaint store fronts like you have shared here!! So darn charming!!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for letting me know that you did by leaving a comment!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Betsy,
    Just stealing some time that I really don't have... starting to type chapter 9 now. Rest is all uploaded so the graphic designer can add the photos and do the TYPESETTING. Feels so good for having this much done, still a lot more as there are 2 huge chapters in the remaining 4.
    Your garden is a DREAM!. Your grands are so fortunate, having such a warm and caring, always educating Grandma like you! Precious memories for later, a wonderful foundation of memories!
    How adorable is Steve's owl! Where did you find that?
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    Got my blog posts scheduled through July as I would not find time these weeks... Fond memories for Pieter to reminisce on and for me too of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariette,
      Thank you for taking time to comment. Wow, you have been busy. I need to catch up with posts as I have been baby sitting every day and I think I need a few days off. My sister and her husband are coming next week. She wants to see Mom.
      I appreciate your compliment concerning the grand girls. You are so right about memories and I want that for them as I have such fond memories of my Grandmother.
      Steve's Owl I purchased from a Local garden shop not far from me. It was the only one and I grabbed it. I never know what to get him and he loves owls.
      Warm Wishes for you Mariette, Betsy

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy