- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring wreath and wildflowers

 As I was tidying up mums in the pots from the fall,  I thought  the dried cuttings could be used to make a spring wreath for my front door.  A silk flower ring was used to place the dried pieces and flowers, a bow to hang.    The first picture is of some wildflowers I picked while dead heading this afternoon,   they are as pretty as any other I believe.

anyway- back to the wreath
mums needed clipping

Yep I can use these clippings.

I pushed the clippings into the floral foam ring.  this view from backside.
I purchased white flowers pushed them into the foam on front and added a bow.

I think it looks like spring with the white flowers budding in the center



side view

2 comments:

  1. Betsy,

    What a clever and creative idea. Your Spring Wreath is beautiful! You should link this to The Stories of A2Z Tutorials & Tips Tuesday Party
    so more people can see it!

    http://www.thestoriesofa2z.com/2011/04/tutorials-tips-tuesday-6-tip-easy.html

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are clever! That is gorgeous!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy