- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, March 25, 2011

Raised bed ideas

My friend and I visited  Lavender fields herb farm in Glen Allen Va. yesterday and I got some ideas on how to  plant some veggies this year above ground.   I tillered and planted a large area last year, we had some heavy rains that ruined the garden.   This year I am planting in little areas .  I think especially since my property is on a slant, planting in raised beds are best.


I like the rock ,  I have plenty of that I can work with at home.
 stump or root of the tree as an accent

My daffodils in kitchen window


Steve brought me these home the other night,   I have some yellow ones growing in the yard that haven't bloomed.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Betsy, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog today. I just scolled down through yours and you have some interesting photos. I like your post today about raised bed gardening. We hope to do that this year for veggies as the prices keep going up due to high gas etc. Enjoy the rest of the day! It's sunny but very cold here. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy