- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, November 6, 2023

Little bit of this and that.

November is ticking away and I need to get some shopping done along with many other tings. 

First a look outside at these pretty purple mums.  The Crepe Myrtles are so pretty.  

I have been harvesting little rose buds from my rose bush to dry for potpourri.    I put some in my air dryer to hasten them along.  I am drying orange peels too. 
The orange rinds, I will show you later what I do with them when dry


A wreath I just finished of roses and other flowers I received from children and husband.  I have some hydrangea from the yard, lavender, black-eyed Susan, marigolds, zinnias, peonies and anything else I could find to dry. 


A little more tweaking I see here and there.  I have another to make, and I will put the rest of the roses in arrangements or just in a pretty glass bowl.   
I think I showed these before, not sure but anyhow I made these coasters from packaged leaves.  I glued them to a circle I cut from felt. 

Not pretty on the back.  I used what I had.  We only see the pretty part.

In the dining area this evening I have my faux candles lit.

---------------------

Took another trip to Hobby Lobby to look at their pretty Christmas decor.   The wrapping paper is a deal at 50 percent off.   Pretty paper that is strong, won't tear so easily.   I think at 50 percent off almost 10 dollars a roll is more of a bargain that the dollar stores.  Stronger and more on the roll when I add up what 5 rolls would come to cost wise.  

I said I did not want one of those revolving tree stands.  Well, I walked around the tree revolving about 6 times, got ready to leave and said, what the heck, I want it.   It was 50 percent off.  It's a gift to me for Christmas.  I would never pay the original price. 

 The tree that is pictured in the stand, I purchased a month ago.  I wanted one that was not so big around. This one is less wide.  My granddaughter doesn't like it.  She wants me to put up the wider one.  Will see. 
I purchased this fabric bag

My sister was with me.  She makes her pretty Christmas pillows from these.  I am going to do the same.  Great idea.  She said to just use hot glue as that makes it fast and easy.  I think I may sew mine.


🦃

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    You seem to be in full preparation for the upcoming holidays...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mariette, I am trying to be. Not quite there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea about the pillows from the pretty bag. And your potpourri wreath is beautiful! I save flowers and dry them as well. We bought a slim tree a couple of years ago as well. Though not as pretty as our old large one, I'm decorating less these days. Love your leaf coasters. You are quite the crafty one! Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that wreath is stunning, I've never made a dried flower anything...I'm intrigued. I also love your sister's pillow idea. May have to haul out to Hobby Lobby today and check them out and the wrapping paper, too. You're re right, it's better than Dollar Tree...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wreathe is beautiful Betsy! Great to do the potpourii and everything else is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy. Your yard looks so pretty. Mine just looks dead! We have let all our flowers go to seed so now we will trim them all and it won't look so bad. Hopefully. The wreath you made from all your dried flowers is absolutely beautiful. What did you use as a base and how do you keep them on it? Love the coasters, what a great idea. I bet the girls are almost grown up. Time goes by too quickly. I am anxious to see your tree done up. I am starting to put some things together..Happy Thanksgiving and beyond..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy