"There is peace even in the storm." - Vincent Van Gogh -

Thursday, September 17, 2026

fall painting

 Hoping to get one more season out of this door before a replacement.

The old color was more yellow; it faded with sun beating down on it. 


I selected Sherwin Williams - Torchlight



 I am pleased with the color



I have mums on their second year coming back at lamp post.  I hope they make it a third.  The marigolds are pretty in fall too. 


Bye for now and off to get a few mums for porch.


7 comments:

  1. I love the door color. It looks great!!!
    Our mums never come back. I buy at a local farm and everyone else says theirs winter over. I think it is my crummy clay soil. Yours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe just put a few in larger pots and feed them. I have some like that are several seasons old. They will come back, so just add more potting soil. My brother has clay soil his corn seems to love it. Corn in my little garden doesn't do well at all.

      Delete
  2. It's a very pretty color! We just replaced our front door since the sun killed it, too. We went with black again, definitely not as pretty a pop as yours...which is perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The door color you chose is just lovely, well done. I’m thinking I need to start decorating for Autumn…I just need some energy! Happy weekend, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The days are chillier here and I got in the mood yesterday for most of it. I have energy early in the day but after about one o'clock, I start getting slower and slower. Thank you for compliment on my and happy weekend to you, Betsy

      Delete
  4. Betsy,
    Hello!! Long time no see!! I LOVE the color of your door!! So darn pretty and welcoming!! Hope all is well with you!
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been a while for sure. I am glad you like the door color. I like the idea of painting and not replacing right now too. Getting better now with the knee replacement in January, gall bladder and hernia surgery in May along with tooth extraction and root canal in June and August. I made it, Thank God. Happy Fall to you.

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy