- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Autumn Leaves are

falling long with those gosh awful acorns!  These things are sprouting like crazy.  I hear some say they make the best mulch, not for me though.      I buy mine and will put some Preen down and then mulch over it.    Note: I corrected the spelling of the product from Preem to Preen

The leaves turning on the trees are just so pretty.





The Mums I purchased from Trader Joe's last year have grown better than weeds and I am rooting some in pots for next year.  I will just leave the little pots near the tree.  They will have rooted before any bad weather comes.
I leave the lavender plant alone and let it go.  It still blooms well.   Some branches I will clip to make room for my potted mums I purchased this year to go into the ground. 

God's fingerprints are on all His amazing creation if we'll just look for them.
Flowers are no exception......   

-guideposts-

I will plant more dragon flowers next year.   The bees are still working here on this one.

The rooted forsythias I have in pots taken from a well-established one must think it's spring.

A drive to Fredericksburg Va.  before Halloween.  Lynn and I enjoyed lunch at Sammy T's. Lynn had pumpkin curry soup, I had brunswick stew and split a large marble rye with chicken salad that was so delicious with nuts and cranberries.
No picture was taken of our lunch, we dug right in. 

I took this picture at a storefront because I would like to have something similar in lighting at front door at my house.

clever piece of artwork 


Lynn peeking in the window

Another day trip we walked along the store fronts in Gordonsville Va with my sisters a week or so ago. Pots overflowing with pretty plantings. The Nasturtiums were huge!


Over top of one shop are these characters from Halloween
Liking the lanterns in either side of shop entrance here also


I love window shopping.  I save money this way.

These pictures taken on November 2nd.   The leaves are still on the trees and colorful in the distance
leaving  Fort A.P. Hill

On the way home it's like this all the way.   I think this fall is the prettiest in years.  The trees are holding their leaves and so colorful.  


At home, it's homemade potato soup for dinner.  I sprinkled curry and pepper in mine

til next time

11 comments:

  1. Lovely views in your garden, Betsy! I agree with you this Fall is beautiful. We have had a windy morning after raking leaves and it looks like we never did it at all! So nice you and your sister like Sammy T's. It's one of our favorites. Today feels like summer again, not sure I like that, but I'm sure that will change soon enough. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, not piece of yard to be seen hardly. Those acorns keep coming. Horrible this year. Sammy T's has been there a long time and I always go there. Nice people there.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful fall pictures…..mmmmmm that soup look yammie…happy weekend love from me and Leaf 🍀🙈💗🍀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    You had me lost with your putting some 'preem' down and then mulch over it...?!
    What a lovely garden and perfect autumn leaves.
    Those lanterns in the first photo are perfect—would love those too.
    We have ours with glass panels and our firs pressure wash job done by a not so careful painter, got them all loose. Now insects get inside and make a mess!
    What a fun time with sister Lynn and I can understand that your mind was not with photo taking...
    Fond memories.
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening Mariette, Preem is a weed preventer and plant food. I have less weeds coming up from under the mulch and dirt I may use around the plants. It helped a lot last year but did not harm any of my plants.
      I have to pressure wash myself anything that needs being done or have my son do it. Some have shot hard streams of water up under boards like you say and have pulled them apart. Not supposed to shoot into the crevices directly. Even pressure washing our front steps we are careful with a stream of water hitting the brick mortar.
      I have checked prices of lanterns and they are so expensive now. Maybe someday.
      Happy Weekend, Betsy

      Delete
    2. Okay Betsy, you mean Preen weed preventer!
      Didn't even know something like that did exist, might have to try that out.
      Oh, everything nowadays is expensive!
      Hugs,
      Mariette

      Delete
    3. I should have explained myself better in my post about the Preem. It worked for me in keeping the weeds down some around of my flowers. I have to reapply but not often. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
    4. Thanks Mariette for bringing to my attention about the Preen and not Preem. Typo. I do keep hitting that m sometimes.

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy