- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, June 27, 2022

Good Monday

Children are here today and will be spending the night for a Huck Finn type fishing tomorrow morning at a local pond for k thru 5th grades.   They are so looking forward to it. Now on to today's lunch

I like giving them fruit for lunch and Genevieve always ask for fruit salad.  That is what she got with my pleasure. 


I picked a few dahlias and zinnias for the glass frog I found for a dollar at some vintage shop.
They seem to be everywhere now; at one time I couldn't find them.  I set it in a bowl, filled with water and added the flowers. Cheery, I think. 



 

Strawberries, cantaloup, red and white grapes and apples.  Apples are one fruit that is eaten every day here.  So, lunch is fruit salad, tater tots, chicken noodle soup and chicken salad sandwiches.  I always cut off the ends of bread for them. 

I can really make a mess when I am preparing meals. It all gets cleaned up in a jif though. 


Out to finish getting some order in the playhouse

Til next time, Betsy

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Special memories in the making for your grand—girls.
    They will long remember those special lunches with you both!
    Summer is passing fast and we ought to enjoy it while it lasts.
    Lovely Dahlias and Zinnias you got arranged.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariette. I am hoping they will remember and I think they will because when they want something they like, they always say, "remember when you fixed us this or that" and that is their way of asking for more. July is just about here for sure and we have some historical places to visit before it's over. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
  2. Lunch sure looks good. I am the same way...can't fix a meal without (as mama used to say) dirtying up everything in the kitchen. Your playhouse is adorable!! I need a playhouse like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmm…..delicious lunch …I am hungry here in Holland it is bedtime…so wait till breakfast tomorrow…o my….love from me and Leaf πŸ€πŸΎπŸ’—πŸ€

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy