- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Sunday post

 I am late with everything this year it seems.  I usually put some decorations out for July 4 earlier but have been busy watering and taking care of garden plants and other yard chores.  

I did get a wreath made this morning.   I really do not like mesh but used what I had. 

I need to remove the banner from inside door.
Tomorrow we will be taking in the town parade with patriotic music by local band. Grand girls will go also.  Hamburgers, hotdogs and ice cream will be enjoyed. We enjoy listening to the Patriotic music by local bands and the singing of The Star Spangled Banner.  

A few days ago I took the girls to visit their Great Grandma and play checkers. Genevieve played 5 games and Adalyn 3. Mom won all.  
In the side yard where Mom is, is this tiny little evergreen. Adalyn pointed out that it looked lonely, so she and her great Aunt got a picture with it.  I am going to see if they will let us decorate it for Christmas. 

A nice little star on top will do.
 






5 comments:

  1. I love the mesh wreath! Very patriotic and very festive. It sounds like your town enjoys a very nice celebration. Those checker games look fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Mom loves checkers and so do the children. Yes, tomorrow will be a celebration. We look forward to it.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Betsy,
    You always are so creative in and around your home.
    Lovely wreath and far more meaningful than any ready made!
    Wishing you and yours a meaningful 247th Independence Day.
    LOVED seeing your Mom so happy.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mariette. We were with Mom a good two hours, maybe more. She always smiles. Happy Independence Day to you. Hugs, Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy