- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, June 6, 2022

Happy Monday

Been a while, been busy with the yard mostly.  Yard work is like housework for me.  It's never done, but I enjoy yard work a lot more.

All of my pictures enlarge when clicked on 

Weeding is never finished. I have started to just weed whack around some plants instead of constantly hand weeding.  I don't need to make more work for myself. Besides, the prettiest grass mostly grows around my plants.  It's a groundcover I do not need to be fussy about.

Memorial week end we took a drive on the back roads.  The water in Montpelier Va. which is the South Anna river was high and moving fast.   



The day was made for getting out and enjoying the country side. Honoring those who gave up their lives so we have the freedom to do so.  


Our front door


Girls and their flutes and reciting Pledge of Allegiance to our Flag.
Later on in the week I made my rose jelly
We had a taste over and English muffin with cream cheese.
This tea rose is about 20 years old.  It has traveled from two houses with me to my present home. 
Virginiana Magnolia or swamp magnolia some call it.  Grows at our wood line and scents heavily in the area


While picking a few flowers, I see this feather on the ground, am thinking it's an owl's feather. We have two that are out here every evening and I love those birds.  They keep down rodents and other critters.  They do kill and eat snakes.  

I do not know the name of this plant that grows near the magnolia but it smells like Jasmine to me.  
Pairs nicely with my roses in vase





Another day here the grand girls went out to the slash that has water in it when it rains a lot and in the winter time but mostly is dry in the dead of summer found some fish and a crayfish.  They always put them back but have fun catching them in their net to show us.


Surprised to see that this one is quite large.




Til next time ~ Betsy

5 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    What a lovely photos you show on your happy Monday!
    Not my happy Monday as I was supposed to be on my flight from New York to Savannah, having started this morning from Amsterdam... but NO. Yesterday my COVID test came back positive. So that means that I only could travel on the 12th day AFTER that. Today is still a holiday in The Netherlands so my email to the Dutch CDC did not get replied to 'yet'. Hoping to see tomorrow some answers for guidelines where I can obtain a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or public health official stating that I have been cleared for travel, in lieu of the negative COVID test result. Poor Pieter and kitties miss me…
    Glad that I managed to catch the LAST seat in Premium Select for Friday, June 17 to finally fly home with Mom & Dad's estate items... What a trip out of hell!
    By the way I have no symptoms and feel fine but what can I do?!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Mariette! That is terrible! I have known a few who tested positive and never had symptoms nor got sick at all. I wonder about these tests sometimes. That is so extremely lucky you got the last seat. I have to say I am in agreement with you on the trip from hell. I did get a little laugh when I read that part. I would be so angry and frustrated. I don't have a lot of patience in some areas. I am so praying that you get a letter tomorrow that states "Cleared for Travel". Pieter will be so happy when he hears that as much as you, I am sure. Praying for your safe return soon! Hugs, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy and I made an appointment for Thursday the 16th for obtaining that letter... Flying hopefully on the 17th. Need to take care of my Pieter!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful post - I felt like I was enjoying your garden, the drive in the country and fishing with the ladies right along with you! I love that big blue sky! Poor Mariette. I hope things work out for you and you have no ill effects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy,
    Love all your pretty blooms!! All so pretty and I adore that sweet yellow front door of yours too!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy