- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Thursday already!

The days are flying by. 

Dreary out all day, looks like snow to me but who knows? It's winter. 

Steve went out to visit Mom today for a game of checkers, as you can see Mom has the red ones and she is winning and she did, all games. 


She is serious when it comes to checkers
Mom is sharp and remembers all her family.  She always asks how everyone is.  Steve likes to visit her in between his jobs during the middle of week and it's a good time. 


On his way home he has to have lunch dinner combined at his favorite place, Fire Chicken in Ashland Va.   Wonderful Peruvian Cuisine, made to order.  Always a great staff.   The green sauce is HOT but the yellow is mild.  I like a mix of both.

Peruvian chicken and Prawns with rice was his order today along with his favorite black beans.


Meanwhile at home, he must have forgotten that I had a pot roast in oven with fresh carrots, redskin potatoes and a few celery stalks thrown in for flavor.  I made a gravy to go on top.
We may eat it and if not, it won't be the first time it's been tossed.  Doesn't freeze well with the potatoes. 

Meat has surely gone up in price at the grocery store, way up!
I usually always try to buy from our local farms. 

 
leaving with a picture of owlet cozying up to winter tree on my mantle.
He likes books too





5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful your husband stops to visit your mother, Betsy! It's wonderful she excels in checkers. How lucky we would all be if we were that sharp at her age. Your roast looks great. Maybe it will save for tomorrow. I hate throwing food out as you say it's expensive! Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Betsy,
    Your Centenarian Mom is incredible; what a blessing for being that sharp till her age!
    Sweet of your husband to go visit her and play a game with her.
    Maybe you could freeze the Peruvian food...?
    I just hate to toss out any food; guess it was our upbringing and living in a family of nine.
    LOVE that owlet, is it made from a pine cone?
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mariette, thank you as she is pretty incredible as you say. Mom is such a sweetheart! Gods been good to all of us. I really liked your idea of freezing the Peruvian food. My Steve saw what I posted about tossing out and he said that he was going to eat it. I guess I got a little miffed that he ate on the way home. I will share some with my grand daughter tomorrow. I freeze what I can and have it for leftovers, it's just that potatoes do not freeze well. Mom would have a fit if she saw I was throwing out food and Idon't blame her, she said when she was young, she hardly had any food let alone throw any out. hugs, betsy

      Delete
    2. I meant to say that the little owlet is made to look like a pinecone but it's not a real one. You have given me an idea on making one though.

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy