- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, January 24, 2022

Happy Monday

Started my day off with a little catching up on some reading I started and never finished. For breakfast, a bowl of oatmeal with cranberries, pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup.  


After breakfast I took the plastic off of the carpet piece I ordered for our bedroom and thinking to myself, why did I think white shag would be a good choice?  Shag part doesn't bother me, it's the white color that I am thinking I probably should have made another selection.  I like white but keeping it clean may be a chore.  
We have dark furniture, and I would like to get rid of that but no time soon.  Need a change. I want the bedroom to be a little brighter and now it will with the curtains and rug.  I painted the room last fall along with the ceiling and woodwork.  I would rather paint the ceiling than the walls, much easier.

Not a large room which is good because it's all I want to keep clean.


Need to unroll the rug to flatten out and fluff it up some.
It will not cover the whole floor just some under the bed and around the sides. 

I have a felt rug pad to go under it as our floors are oak and I want to protect them.   This will feel good on the feet and sound proof a little. 

We also got a storm door as I do not like opening up my front door directly to the outside.  I like to have a little barrier.
This is a Christmas picture but you can see the entrance door. 
and here is the new door
I like the extra layer of security 
I haven't mentioned it to my husband, but I have an idea for two new lanterns on each side of our door. 
Well, I guess I really do not need to tell him because he will find out when he reads this post.  

Til next time, Betsy

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    I've always loved using cotton rugs alongside and behind the bed.
    Easy to launder and nice to step on.
    We too have solid oak floors and I'm so happy we choose that!
    Love your storm door!
    We only have one at our veranda side.
    IF your husband is going to change the lanterns, make sure he is not getting the same results as Pieter did: https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2021/12/pieter-cleaned-our-front-door-lights.html
    Hugs and stay cozy!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mariette, I love cotton too, but I needed a larger one for under the bed and sides for getting up during night and walking around. I looked at all cotton and they are way too expensive at the moment, everything is right now. If it doesn't work, then I will try it in another room or give it away. I love your door to your home with those very pretty lace curtains. I miss my porch on my other home for the front. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
  2. Betsy,
    I do not know what is worse...light colored or dark colored carpeting. I have a very dark blue in my bedroom and I swear you can see everything on it!! It has been there since the 80's but at this age and stage of the game, it will be there until i leave this house. one way or another....I love a storm door as we enter in through our front door. Our son Jim rents his townhouse and there is not storm door and twice , their little dog got out on them....
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy