- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Beautiful Spring

Wow, what happened to April?  It's almost gone and I haven't put much in the ground by way of veggies yet.  I have quite a few in pots but won't be using all of them as I didn't make enough space this year.  


Much needed weeding  done on the side of house by husband.  Looking good.
I may move those azaleas to the front on side of yard with the others I moved a couple years ago.


This rose was picked from the one rambler pictured above



A few roses here at the fence and three of these are the mini roses in pots I purchased after Valentines day in 2019.  All but three made it.  They are here among three other roses.  Two more are in front of boxwoods in  front yard. 

This was taken a few days ago of the reflection in the window of the dogwoods
A volunteer petunia coming up in pot that actually stayed out all winter and never died all the way back.  It's one of the old fashioned ones as I call it like Mom used to have growing at our house growing up.  It gets tall and violet color with smaller flowers but very fragrant.  

Larkspur has really reseeded itself and some I pulled up from the surrounding area here and put in pots.

This is a piece of lilac I pulled from the ground as a shoot from the one I have growing at the fence.  I will leave in the pot and see how it does.  So far so good.  I am keeping the leaves off of the little trunk and seeing how it will look with just the tuft of leaves on top. 

I may the little trunks together and see how it looks as it grows.

More volunteer lettuce for salad growing among the green peas

Looking forward to this large about 40 year old azalea  to be covered in blooms.



One of my azaleas has these clusters of flowers into a ball shape. 

Picked and put in a vase in foyer
begonias always come back 

Sky earlier and thunder storms now in the very early hours of Sunday morning and I am still up.

Grand daddys beard as Mama always calls it.  Fringe tree by some.   
 I was out in the yard Friday night and took a picture of it 


🙂

7 comments:

  1. You have a lot of spring coming up in your gardens! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants and flowers look very pretty Betsy. This really has been a gorgeous spring, hasn't it? thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is starting to come back and is growing well. Its so nice to make a start on the garden at this times of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fringe tree photo in the darkness, Betsy. April has been quite cold here. I always wait until May first before planting tender annuals anyway. Your plants always look so healthy, Betsy. I hope you are staying well, my friend. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty spring looks at your home. I love Fringe trees, they are so beautiful, I have always wanted one. I hope you will share more garden pictures as the season progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, thank you for showing your beautiful flowers. We all need to see beauty in these days. Take care, my friend, and stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy,
    What beautiful blooms you have,
    Nothing is blooming here because after having and above normal Winter as far as temps., we are now having a below average Spring...cooler than it should be..
    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for letting me know that you did by leaving a comment!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy