- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, April 17, 2020

Happy Friday

Happy Friday.  Fridays used to feel different.  Actually it could be a Monday for all I know.  Every thing has been a little out of sorts and I don't need to talk about it because for one thing it's too much talk.  Same old, same old.


I picked before the grass was cut in the back some ajuga with azaleas for a cheery arrangement.

I still am enjoying the daffodils.  Dried that is.  They dry in the water It's  poured out and I do think they look like crepe paper.


I finally got around to pulling dried buds from lavender I picked from one of my plants last July, I believe.  The fragrance is strong while pulling off and lingers in the room so nicely.  One of my lavender sachets I made about six months ago have been sitting in this closed jar of Epsom salts.  The salts picked up the scent and smells divine.  Will use it in a bath later. 

This is the lavender plant that I removed above stems from.  It is old and I cut it back drastically taking a chance it wouldn't live but so far is has.
As you can see the weeds around it are flourishing nicely.  Grass has been cut since this picture taken.



Looking out this morning through the window with the pink curtains where grand girls sleep.

Out side is a blue painted cement ball that I used a beach ball to cover and then deflate and taken out.  the bottom has an opening that the ball was removed from.  

Pink dogwood in back yard still pretty

Took a ride to Home Depot the other day and coming back in the rear view mirror is the farm on other side of neighborhood.  Such a pretty day.  
riding through the neighborhood are blooming azaleas and dogwoods still in bloom.

dog woods in my yard ahead



Inside looking through my tulip wreath to get changed for more yard work

Out in the rear yard I cleaned the jalousies




Later in the evening

We ordered in from Brick Oven.  Stromboli and a large slice of pizza we split.    They do a good job in our area.  I made the salad.  Fresh curly Kale I picked from my planter was in my salad.  Two large waters to go with it.  
Will be catching up to see what others are doing very soon.   I haven't been good about it and I do enjoy seeing what everyone has been up too.  

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it's Spring during this pandemic, Betsy. It's been a lovely one here and at your home. I enjoyed seeing your photos of your place. Did I understand you made the cement ball? It looks great. I'm tired of replacing the mirrored one in my garden. Your lavender salts must be divine in the bath. We love the Brick Oven. Their food is so fresh and tasty. So glad you are well. I'm with you in not knowing what day it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cut flowers make a beautiful bouquet. So much blooming all at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think they would do well with the crazy weather this year but they did flower out.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    How clever for making your very own blue garden sphere! Neat way of doing it.
    Your entire yard and neighborhood still looks like a fairytale. That to me is spring at its best.
    When the light shines through those dogwood petals and others, it is like a little miracle.
    All for but a few weeks, each year... Time is passing by so quick.
    Good meal, we still have lots in the freezer as I only cooked large volumes for eating fresh and for freezing the rest.
    Soon we will order some good authentic Italian lasagne from Ristorante da Maria.
    All those specialty restaurants are hurting... and many other businesses.
    Let's pray hard that the economy will pick back up.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Mariette,
      I am praying for the restaurants and all these small businesses. Things need to start opening up slowly. I will just have to be cautious and we just need to get back out there.
      I love Spring and have been out in the yard as much as I can because the flowers and trees blooms do not last long. Just so pretty this time of year.
      Happy Saturday and Hugs to you
      Betsy

      Delete
  4. What a joy to visit you today and have the tour of your garden and area. The floral arrangement was a delight and the photo through the tulip wreath was amazing. Nice to be able to order food in it looked very tasty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and glad you enjoyed the tour. Oh and the food was tasty. I love anything with a red sauce

      Delete
  5. Betsy, I love all the pretty and interesting things in your yard. I love the dried daffodils. They do look like crepe paper! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for stopping by!! Yes, I have noticed those big white boxes where pictures are supposed to be on my posts and on others, I saw it on your post from April 11th. I have no idea what is happening...I put it out there on facebook and I also asked the question in a post if anyone knows what is going on...At first, I thought it was just me but now I have seen it on other blogs too.
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betsy. Love the view through your tulip wreath! All the flowers and trees are so gorgeous. Beautiful sights to see these days are very important. Take care and stay healthy, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still do not know if the picture thing is fixed. Will have to re-take some pics that are not showing up and replace them at least on one of my posts.... I delete them from the computer once i download them as to not fill up too much room on the computer. Glad you got to spend some time with the grands... Our stay at home is extended until May 8th now....
    Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy