- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, August 5, 2018

River Street

I posted about our trip  a month ago to Myrtle beach with son and his family but not about where we went after we left there.
   Steve and I headed to Savannah Georgia for 3 nights.  We have been to Georgia many times on our way to Florida but never really made it a destination to sight see and spend more than one night.
Savannah this time was a destination and so glad it was.
I guess we picked a hot time.  A good  time was had even though  the heat index made it very hot, but we stood it.

We crossed this bridge over Savannah river into Georgia.


Our inn for a few days


 River Street Inn
A refurbished cotton warehouse.  Historical is what we wanted for our stay in Savannah.    Located on Bay and River Streets.


A walk to our room

I took a close up of this wall sconce outside of our door because I would like to have a couple for myself and will need to start shopping.


The room is comfortable and plenty of space for us.  Lots of character and colonial southern charm is what I would say describes it.
A step inside

A short clip of our room


Beyond two large wing chairs with ottoman is an iron bed right beside the small balcony overlooking the Savannah river.




Sweet little balcony.

I was standing on the balcony when I took this one of the River walk.
A 201 year old hotel that was once a cotton warehouse. I love it.

Well back out to take a quick look around and get a bite near the river.




I like the feel of this place.  I heard there are ghosts, but I never heard or saw any.

First I have to see this sweet little library.  Cozy seating for reading a book from many offered as you can see on the shelves.

Some nice paintings of monuments in the area as we make our way down.
Of course there is an elevator but after the drive, we definitely needed to walk.

River street entrance

plenty of shopping

These cars came through each evening while we were here.

Historical ballast streets and steps

No not this time, too hot and steep.



After dinner, we sat and watched the sunset

sepia tone is nice too.



back with more another time


1 comment:

  1. Such a wonderful place to stay for your trip away. Looks so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy