- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Colonial Beach visit sidewalk art sale

Steve and I drove to Colonial Beach Va. for the sidewalk Art sale on Saturday.  Such a gorgeous day with the prettiest sky and billowy white cloud formations.

The clouds taken from car along the way.


Ever changing here it seems with many improvements.  The free municipal parking lot has been paved and a new mural on building in front of lot.

The old River View inn is being renovated - seen in the distance

  New paint job looks good.
New signs to us anyway about the trolley stop.



from the boardwalk looking to the beach area

New restrooms on beach with a mural

I did like how the tissue box was decorated with shells and carved birds



We purchased several hand made christmas ornaments like the oyster shell santa.

Purchased decorated jars for the bathroom
Unique, decorated nicely and very useful.



Driftwood painted with santa

Very good icees.  These were not sickly sweet and tart.  A bargain on a hot day for just  $1.00.  Of course Steve had to have one - two.

I thought this was the cutest crab pot ornament to add to my collection.

In the distance is Maryland


We want to check into the cruises offered from here


museum we seem to always be to late to see, one day.


oyster shells in front of museum

ducks under dock


This old building has old wavy glass windows and a leaded stained glass.



community garden

some one liked planting zinnias

My heart found in the sand. I am always finding this shape and along with some pieces of sea glass










2 comments:

  1. Betsy, what a lovely visit to Colonial Beach. It's been a while since our last visit there. They have really changed and improved so much there! You really had a nice day to visit. I love going to shows like this! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took us on a wonderful tour. Some great stalls, loved the Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy