- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cheddar Sage Scones

Before we left for the Highlands Maple Syrup Festival on Friday in Va..  I made some scones from a recipe  that were in a book given to me by Jenny - a friend of mine.
The sage smelled so good coming from the oven and tasted so good .    Very light and flaky and I added a smidgen more cheese than called for..   The butter has to be very cold and  do not over mix because you want it crumbly like corn meal.   Half and half milk is what I used.      Will definitely make again.

 
I enjoyed it.
 
Yes,  I like lots of butter.  Basil jelly that I made last summer is what I spread on a slice to see if it was a good mix.    I ate two. 


Now I am getting my pictures in order that I took from our week end get away.

I am sharing with The Brambleberry Cottage 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Betsy,
    Those scones look absolutely delicious! Believe it or not I have never made scones, I will need to do that come this Spring. Have a great week! Gina

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy