- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

flowers and yard art

   My vase in the hallway

I read that the native americans used the root of the Hydrangea as a diuretic , to cleanse toxins.   The language of Flowers say that the flower means boastful, and heartless.   I have also read that they mean preservation , and that is why they are a good choice for wedding flowers.   I like them no matter what they mean.  To me they mean Flamboyance. I love showy flowers.

The rest of the flowers are not doing very well this year
I have some Zinnias with buds , I hope they bloom and not dry up.
I separated this hydrangea last fall
from this large bush in front of porch
Steve purchased this yard sculpture  from the Strawberry Faire here in Ashland



steve loves yard art, here is another
Flowers at front entrance
A boxwood I am training

The carpet flowers are blooming so pretty despite the heat



my window box

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the beautiful hydrangeas and the music. You have a beautiful blog. Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,

    Hydrangeas and Peonies are among my favorite blooms. Your hydrangeas are beautiful!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Betsy! Lovely flowers. I came to your blog through a Google alert on the language of flowers. Good to see Lewis Ginter is doing well. We used to live in RIchmond, and I once wrote an article about their holiday lights.

    You might also be interested in looking up my new novel, Forget-Her-Nots (HarperCollins, 2010) about the language of flowers come magically to life.

    Happy summer,

    Amy (Brecount White)

    www.amybrecountwhite.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In response to Amy - Thank You for your comment and will certainly check out your novel, I would love to read it.
    I get to the park every year to see the lights.
    Happy Summer To You,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love hydrangeas :)

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy