- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Harpers Ferry

Mom, Lynn and I took a little overnght visit to Harpers Ferry in W.Va., located in between the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers.    Named after Robert Harper, a builder from Pa.,  he established a ferry and a grist mill
was built, the stone house he built is also here.   Harper's Ferry used to belong to the Old Dominion before the civil war.
George Washington had two arsenals located here.   
A link that explains the area very well is - http://www.vasportsman.com/Harpers_Ferry.pdf

I am putting some pictures here from my visit........

Click on Pictures to enlarge.

 
 
Visitor center -  mom and my sister lynn
I noticed that the gate post had a stenciling or painted design,   I thought that was pretty . 
 

Lovely homes.


 

 
 
Tomorrow, Jefferson's rock and more.

1 comment:

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy