" The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances". - Martha Washington

Sunday, October 27, 2024

Few Halloween decorations here at home

I have decorated all I wanted to this year for Halloween.  I didn't put out all of my skeletons and other things in the yard because had way too many other things to do this year. Plus, Thanksgiving follows and I like the Autumnal leaves and other fall things to enjoy while I can.  

So here is some Halloween

Not spooky but I like the lighting as entering front door




Not the best painting.  I found this pumpkin stack at Hobby Lobby and painted for the corner



This crow husband purchased at a shop in Maryland 20 years ago at least. 

My bathroom.  Yes, it has those retro tiles.  Not going to replace them.  They are in great shape and not broke, so no fixing needed. I like my Formica top too. 

I shared my kitchen window before.  My pumpkins I  cut  from wood, sanded then painted. 

A little fall on my dining table

An old papier mâché pumpkin I purchased years ago. Inside is a colored light. 

Earlier outside I have a skeleton sitting next to sidewalk
Ghosts next to lamp post

 Skeleton by side door

well, at least he's smiling, not too frightening. 

 Halloween wreath friend sent me several year back

Granddaughter Genevieve had a birthday last week.  She asked me to make her a Marmalade cake.  She loves Marmalade. I like the bitter orange kind but her cake I made with the Smuckers sweet orange. 
I used the package Pillsbury but added four eggs and 3/4 cup orange juice along with oil to mix. 
I also before layering brushed with orange juice each layer a thin spread of Ermine frosting, I made it as I like it better because it's not as sweet.  After a thin layer of that I put between each layer several tablespoons of marmalade.  

She is 11 years old now. 

My birthday was two days later 
My daughter in law sent me flowers while she was out of town for work.
Such a nice surprise and they are so pretty.
Husband gave me roses and a new camera.  I am still needing to read how to use it.
Grand girls gave me this elf doll holding lipstick and wearing heels.
sassy little heels


I love my p.j.'s from Jennifer along with other sweet gifts, I do love having comfortable pajamas. She is a dear friend from early school days. We go back many years.  My sister gave me the one with cats on them. I will sleep very comfortable in these. 


Outside another ghost from 5 below.  Couldn't pass it up

BOO  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy