- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Feeling more like Spring today

 Warmer the next few days I hear.  Will be out cleaning a few beds and trimming boxwood.  I get a little scared when I start pruning those.  I am always waiting for a snake to stick his head out as I know they hide in the warmth of them sometimes and if there are birds' nests, the snakes go there to get them.  Still it must be done. 

These are just a few on one side.  I am thinking about replacing them.  They were twice as high when we first moved in in 2007. 

Here a few down the side fence.  These are thick and are true box and I believe some I have that are called box are a holly.  They all trim up well and stay green all year.

Larger in the front, no fun to clip.  The large mass across street are honey suckle growing on shrubs of some sort.   I am constantly pulling honey suckle from yard and bushes.  Do not like it in my yard.  Runs forever around plants and anything else it can grab onto. 

Next are pictures of a few more plants in yard for Spring.
I made these tulips Mole proof.  Planted in the fall in plastic pots.

I purchased this pot for some strawberries I pulled from the ground.  Hope they live.
 Lavender, kept in pots to clip.  The stalks are thick.
Tiny Tim tomatoes which are a little dwarf cherry that can live in no smaller than 6 in pots. Am seeing mushrooms in with them. Boxcar Willie tomatoes indeterminate growing also. 


Dwarf Snapdragon that never really died back all the way in this pot.   The little box next to it is a shoot I pulled from the ground 3 seasons ago


I went to the car to get my earrings I left in there given to me by a friend and just had to take a picture of the sparkle when sun hit them.   So sparkly
A thrift find.  I paid $115.00 and thought a good price.  It almost looks like a writing desk when the mirror is taken off. 
Not really happy with the color but it'll work.
It's oak.

Last night around 10:45, there was a loud boom and then a shake with the windows in office rattling some.  Scared the heck out of me.  It was a 2.1 quake, but it was still scary. 

Til next time 🌹

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Wow, you have been very industrious in the garden and things look great.
    That medium oak piece looks really nice and indeed is a bargain!
    The ONLY time I've ever felt an earthquake was in my former bedroom in The Netherlands and it was a 5.5 on the scale of Richter.
    https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2020/09/floriade-1992-on-cold-and-windy-day.html
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette, I read your blog about the earthquake, a 5.5 pm Richter scale and I see the crumble of brick in article. Scary for sure. The last one we had, I heard what was like a train coming, but not with this one, a loud boom and then rumble. I was thinking someone must have blown up something.
      Your short wavy hair and so thick looked so pretty in your post.
      Well rain is coming tonight and all day tomorrow, I guess we will plenty of water in the yard again. hugs, Betsy

      Delete
    2. Yep, on the 11th I had to drive one hour through heavy wind and rain to be one hour away at Pieter's cardiologist. Now it is sunny and calmer.

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy