- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Happy Sunday

 

Saturday before the rain 

Today is rainy for a little while anyway


I purchased seeds for the Fairy Lantern at Raindrops in Va. store in Gordonsville Va.  Lovely shop with so many handmade and unique items. 

The lanterns almost look like they are glowing, especially in the rain

after a rain late in evening

Raindrops in Va. store

Unique handmade garden art

This little mouse was made there.  It can be screwed into a fence post or anywhere else that suits your Fancy. 


An herb, and the first for me to grow is  Mexican Mint Marigold. It may be sold with tags saying Spanish or Mexican Tarragon.  In some places in American south it can be labeled as French Tarragon. I use it in my chicken salad as it does really take the place of tarragon after that herb has gone for the season and this one can take its place.  I saw blooming pictures of it and they are very pretty little flowers. 

 Clafoutis I made a few days ago.
A French dessert made with cherries. 
Bottom layer is like a custard.   I pitted my cherries; some recipes say not to as there is more flavor with them left in the cherry.  For me, I go pitless.

myparisiankitchen.com is where I found the recipe.


Onion and Mushroom with cheese quiche for breakfast this morning

Tomorrow, we get a new floor in Den, FINALLY!  The carpet served it's purpose for many years but now time for a change.  


4 comments:

  1. I would like to plant a fairy lantern vine and to visit that wonderful store, that raven sculpture appeals to me. The building itself is handsome, it would be fun to sit on that second story balcony and watch the world go by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your jaunts around VA, Betsy. The fairy latern is so interesting--I must look for seeds. The little mouse for the fence post is darling. I also love your bunnies and your food always looks delicious! Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the floor! Exciting! That dessert looks fantastic...my mouth is actually watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks so inviting, the food looks incredible and I enjoyed seeing a few of the sights. Thanks Betsy, enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy