- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Happy Sunday everyone

Hard to believe it's July already!  Half a year gone.  Last week in June, we took a day trip to Culpeper County Va.   On our way there we passed this sweet Church called Winston Family Chapel built by the Patriarch of the family in 1908 and it is on U.S. Route 522.   We took a quick turnaround to get a better look at the church.

There are no trespassing signs and cannot go in.  Just checking out the outside of this beauty. 

The church was built in honor of the Families son Malcolm Boddie Winston.  He died at age 22 in 1906.  One story says he died of scarlet fever; another says typhoid.

dangerously fast hi way in front and I was very careful of stepping back and making sure I didn't trip. 







Sure, would love to see this taken care of before it decays any more.  


We went shopping at the Minuteman Mall in Culpeper and need to go back as we could spend much more time there than we did as it was getting late.
I have seen quite a few of these type of pictures in shops lately.   3D maybe it's called.  I like how the objects pop out of the frame.  I think I can do this, I must try it. 

I purchased this basket with a wreath that I will add to.

We have a small kitchenette area downstairs and it needs some fixing up.  I would like something like this with metal or porcelain cabinets, kind of retro and not much to have to worry about.  Porcelain and metal is strong and takes a lot of hard use.  I mean look at this, been around how long?

Repurposed sewing machine.  This is a first I have seen like this.  Makes a nice end table
I have a divider like the white one shown below, mine is brown.  I may use it in a way such as this for my porch.   If I go back and that wrought iron set is there, I am buying.  It was about 300 dollars and the seat bottom is wrought iron also. I can just buy thicker cushions.  
The lantern holds a candle.
In a shop in the town of Culpeper Steve saw this sofa that he liked also.  I really like the color and it can be paired with anything.  Straight lines I love. Dress it up or down.  We didn't purchase. 

In the town we ate at the cafe.  We both enjoyed  veggie omelets for late lunch.  Very good and filling. 

Now onto my chive vinegar at home
I picked chive blossoms from my planter.

I rinsed them off and placed several in a small glass jar, poured over white vinegar.
I kept mine in fridge and when the pink color I wanted was right for me; I drained vinegar, tossed chive blossoms and now will use for dressings etc..

A pretty pink color it turned.  Very light oniony flavor. 


That's it for now 😃

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Woke up and couldn't sleep... So I visited 'VIRGINIA' and enjoyed viewing your video as 41th.
    Nice trip and indeed too bad if that Church gets any more dilapidated...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dilapidated is the better word to explain the church. If it wasn't stone, it would be in the ground by now. A shame. I am glad you visited Va. and saw my video. Happy Independence Day to you Mariette and Pieter.

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely outing to one of my favorite towns, Culpeper. I love going in antique malls--so much to tempt, isn't it? I love that old kitchen cabinet. Remembering one from my grandmother's kitchen--kind of Hoosier cabinet like. You always make great things with your garden offerings. I bet that vinegar will make a great dressing or in marinades. Nice to see your post and that gorgeous church. Very interesting information. It would be great if it were bought back to life! Happy summer, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy