- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Framed it

A watercolor class  I took at Agecroft Hall Richmond Virginia.  We did a simple picture with a quote we would like.  It was fun chatting and being with others. 

this was weeks back so all of these gorgeous tulips are gone.



Sunken garden

Tulips in this garden as follows.
Pink with pollen 
Poppy
Needless to say, my picture didn't look like any of these. 
Out instructor was very helpful, and I learned quite a bit in the class.
It was supposed to be 2 hours but turned into 3 hrs.  Time flies when having fun.
sketching out.  
Edges taped with painters' tape to keep even line and a sheet of paper sized for the lettering area taped in the middle while I finished my flowers and border. 


"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin " A natural trait, Common humanity.   I like the quote and I guess it means different things to different people.   I will have to read Shakespeare's play, Troilus and Cressida. Third act, speech by Ulysses, not quoted here in the same way he used it.   But I think it fits what I am using it for. 
I used my word document and a font from that to size and then print.   I turned over, shaded with pencil, then traced.  I used black permanent marker to fill in the penciled letters. 
I am not going to keep it in this frame.  I think I will get one with a yellow or green mat with darker frame.
Now off to dabble with some other water color pictures that pops in my head.
Here is one I am working on.  It's just fun and relaxing.  I really don't know much about mixing paints or drawing but I am willing to learn, a little anyway. I think of nothing else other that what I am doing with my paints and paper. So relaxing and it's fun. 

A good tip we were given was to draw with our mechanical pencils. Much better to use than a wooden one because it doesn't mark as dark or thick on the paper. After painting erase over to remove pencil lines.  Can always put color back if need be.  Sometimes erasing some color gives a whole new look and I leave it.  
If the paper curls, from watercolor.   Spray the back lightly with fine mist of water and put flat under a book to let dry.  It comes out nice and flat when I do this.  No more curling.  



Thunderstorm in the making here.  I hear it.  Will sleep great tonight.
😁 Betsy

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Worth framing!!!! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Merry. Very sweet of you to say.

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy