- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Clouds over my head, valentines and shower finished

 Last week nice and Spring like. On Saturday, 31 degrees at 8:30 A.M.   

Trees are budding and there are plants blooming around the lamppost.  

Crazy Weather.

Yesterday coming home right at sunset.  The clouds were amazing to see.  The vibrant colors. Dreamy.

This is posted just the way it looked.  No touch ups.  Almost surreal looking.



Golden hour






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to some pretty roses from children and husband on Valentines Day
Pink from husband and yellow from the children

I couldn't find a larger pair of sunglasses, could I?

Genevieve showing me the card and loves to hear it play


here is the sweet balloon.
The cutest card for Opa

Miranda gifted Opa this book.  Great read!
Walter S Griggs Jr. was the longest serving faculty member at the VCU school of business where he taught law, history and religion classes. 45 years of service.  
Will look for more of his books.  He died in 2019.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to some pictures of our finished shower.  As I said before in last post, we chose not to change out the tile in rest of bathroom.  House was built in 1969 and don't mind keeping a little of that era here, I actually like the floor, it's in great shape. Wall tile can be painted if I want which I don't but there are paints out there today to paint over these tiles if one chooses to go that route. 

We had to have the shower head centered.   Electrician installed new switches and wires run to have a ceiling fan, option to have the light with the fan and the pot light in shower.  Think we have enough lights?  Oh yeah.  

Before


A big change
I love the new door



Granddaughter Genevieve asked me if we could get splinters with that seat. 🤣 It was the first thing that she asked.  I got a chuckle from that.   It's teak and it's very smooth.


That is it for now.
😄

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    In your 3rd photo I also detected the red of the swamp maple—the very first trees to start in spring.
    What lovely bouquets of roses did you get!
    And the shower is looking great—very well done.
    Your shower, except for the tiles and the 'splinter–board', looks very much like ours:
    https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2018/11/bathroom-renovation-completed-by.html
    Geneviève was funny but indeed teak is the smoothest wood one can find and great when wet.
    We have a small, slatted folding teak stool in our bathroom, outside of the shower. I use it for getting dressed and for doing little pedicure: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375980268899891006/
    But even living in Georgia, we have a bathroom heater fan in every bathroom (3). Would not be able to do without that luxury in winter time!
    Pieter loves to use it even more than I do, due to his blood thinners he feels cold a lot.
    It is an Aero Pure: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375980268905584763/
    Enjoy using your new shower!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday Mariette, I will now call the shower seat "the splinter - board". Makes me laugh. A small folding teak seat is a good idea. I must look for one to put in our downstairs bathroom. I wanted a heater fan and wished I had one now. We had HVAC put in last year as this house had electric heat but central air conditioning. We left the baseboard heater working in this bathroom for extra heat. Bath downstairs has heater fan built in with the ceiling fan and light with option to use either one or both. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
  2. I can tell you now Betsy, I have shower envy. Your granddaughter made me laugh but I like that seat. I am at that stage now where I am thinking I need the grab bar too. It's a wonderful shower and they did a great job! Sweet gifts your Valentines. And I LOVE your glasses. I had a big round turtle-shell pair years ago that I also loved but walking on a beach, a young guy ran backwards at full speed, smack dab into me and knocked me off my feet. It wasn't until later I realized I had lost those glasses and I've never found another pair I like as much. You look lovely in yours. Those skies are impressive, very dramatic. I particularly like the photo with the pretty church but every sky pic was amazing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Denise. I love the look of turtle shell. You must have been hurt to be knocked down like you were at the beach! I am a cloud watcher and the way the clouds looked that day was just amazing to see. Happy week to you.

      Delete
  3. Women of a Certain Age, LOL. I had tea with an old friend from high school today. What did we talk about? Both of us are making plans to replace bathtubs with walk in showers. Yours is beautiful! I love it all, including the splinter seat. I have been debating (in my head) a pot light in the shower. I think it is a good idea. I like both of your rails, but I am thinking of adding even more. I fell in my kitchen 3 years ago this March and now I am phobic. What a wonderful job they did!

    Meanwhile - the photo with the church is just lovely. I hope you print it and put it in a frame. So beautiful. And what gorgeous flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sweet comment Miss Merry and thank you. We had re bath do ours after several comparisons. Very professional people who came in they had it down to a science on getting the old tile out. This was a job and they were darn good. The stone or stone composite shown to us by other's we were considering was nice but I was not all that impressed by it especially after the quote. I don't want to clean grout and this new acrylic is wonderful. The shower door I am happy with and is a heavy door. The grab bars for us is a must especially if soap makes it's way on the floor and a slip could happen. I like the lights and they are needed. We didn't have to have a fan with the window but it takes the steam or moisture out of the room rather quickly. Sorry about your fall in your kitchen. You certainly do not want a fall in the shower, grab bars are the way to go. Happy week to you, Betsy

      Delete
  4. Beautiful cloud photos.
    You had a splendid valentines day.. love the puppy bouquet. Your new shower looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kim. I love the door too. It's heavy and so easy just to wipe away water droplets after showering. I am glad to hear about my sunglasses. They sure block out the bright sun rays while driving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    Love the pictures in the beginning of the post and I LOVE that new shower...It looks fantastic!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you are having a good week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy