- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Early dinner and short ride

We took a short ride to Colonial beach on Tuesday.  Nice breezy and somewhat chilly but not bad to be out walking in the sand with some fresh air coming in off the water.

I am always on the lookout for pretty rocks in the sand
Just noticed this diner in the town.  Closed on Tuesday so we couldn't go in
since most places were closed, I window shopped and saw this nativity in the window made from driftwood.  I have plenty drift wood I have collected from here and may try to make one for myself

Just across from the board walk facing the beach is a hotel, Apt's, maybe condos.  I am not sure. If there is a spot to build, it's going to happen, I guess. 


Our early dinner on Randolphs on the River
on the way back home in Port Royal Va.
Steve had the smoked salmon, and he loves the hush puppies.

I had flounder.

We are on our way for an over nighter in Va. Beach.  Not my favorite beach but it's o.k. this time of year.  Not crowded and we will stay on the north end.  I like having the door cracked at night to listen to ocean waves.  Helps me go to sleep.
I am taking a book to read and a magazine to flip through while sitting on the beach.  Warmer this week.  The sand is warm and with a coffee and blanket wrapped around us, it will be just fine. 


3 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Good for you for having enjoyed an early stay at VA Beach!
    Both of us are not that fond of the waves and such... We love to walk along the beach in summer time.
    That drift wood nativity was very sweet!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariette, I am not a beach person as far as getting into the ocean. I just like watching the waves and picking up seashells if there are any. Soothing and calming. Not busy at all now and it's nice being able to travel this area when it's not so busy. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
    2. You sure are lucky Betsy for not being far from the beach...

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy