- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, February 13, 2023

Sunday post on a Monday

It rained all day and perfect staying in with a good book or two in my case.  I do enjoy the rainy days.  At night it's welcomed to hear pattering against my windowpanes.  Lulls me off to sleep. 

More rain by the end of the day moving along the slash could be heard. Soothing sound of water. 


I pulled out this little quilt I made about 20 years ago from scrap fabric I had.  Nothing fancy, just enjoyed making it complete by hand.



Enjoyable little book I found on a post and can't remember which one.  I ordered this one from Better World books.  Good prices. 

Another book I saw on a website called My English Country Cottage.  I found it and ordered it online.
Hygge, I hear used often.  Never thought much of it myself until I started reading the book "Wintering" by Katherine May
Today was perfect for it.  No cake or tea, just coffee and a chocolate truffle feeling quite snug under quilt with warm footies. 

That being said, I am still hoping for snow and some real winter weather.
Not Spring until March 20.    We still have time for some. 

Earlier with breakfast - coffee and some very good biscotti.  Our Niece and husband gifted us.
I love dipping biscotti in my coffee, especially the almond flavor.  

😄Betsy

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    Oh, that kind of weather is perfect for 'hibernating'.
    Reading and snuggling up sounds great!
    Those Italian amaretti biscotti sure are great—if you are allowed to have sweets.
    Pieter loves to dip them in his coffee.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am trying to be good with not having so many sweets. I have cut back a lot, but biscotti is so good with my coffee. I don't take sugar in my coffee, just cream. I hope we keep having hibernating weather, but I don't think so now. Hugs, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just biked with Pieter and in shorts... but it was chilly in the shade with 70°F 🚴🚴

      Delete
    2. 70 degrees in the shade! My heavens, you have some good weather, Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post Betsy and your quilt is lovely. The coffee and biscotti? Yum! It was raining here all day yesterday but I hope you got the weather we did today as we were able to open all our windows. Keeping fingers crossed we can do that tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you enjoyed reading my post Denise. Today if I didn't know better would think Spring had sprung. Glorious weather today. I like getting up early and crack several windows to air out the old stale air. I will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice post! I love your quilt, the book sounds wonderful and your coffee and biscotti look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Miss Merry. I used to love to sit down and sew. Must get back to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy,
    What a nice quilt to wrap oneself inn on a rainy afternoon in the Winter... Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you are having a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy