- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Been a while

Nice relaxing day, hopefully get some things done tomorrow though. 

We both chose to go out for our Anniversary.  But we didn't do it because it's cold and we wanted to stay in and catch up on reading and some other things.   We will celebrate by a couple nights away around Valentines or little after. 

I was surprised by a sweet card and some cologne.  He noticed I was looking at rose gold by Tiffany.  I love all things, Tiffany.  After seeing that he went out to find it.  Very very special!   So much more than thoughtful, not enough words to describe.







looks pretty sitting next to my Jewelry he got for me last Christmas.  Love reading about Faberge too. 


Snow has fallen all around us, but we had one tiny snowfall this winter so far.  The first one last week and it didn't last long.

 I am hoping for one more really good snowfall!


We did get the shower in our bedroom finally done. Now just waiting on the glass doors. 
Not going to do the rest of the room.  Way too much money right now. Glad to have this done as we waited for about 8 months.   The walls are tile in blue and in great shape, so we will not touch those right yet.    The floor is in great shape also.  Not broke, so we will not fix it.   
The shower tiles from 1969 were cracked and the shower head we wanted more centered. 
I must say this shower had no penetrating water behind the tiles and you can see by next picture the studs taken out were not damaged.   


The front was opened up and more switches were put in for overhead light in shower and we wanted a ceiling fan with light also.  
When we get our shower doors.  I will post the finished work.  They should be coming in the next week or so.

We tried to get tile fixed, replaced or retiled.  Very hard finding someone especially this past year to do.   We opted for the shower re do and got it over with.  No, it's not subway tiles, large stone tiles or whatever else is out there.  Ours look and feel great, easy to keep clean and we are happy with the work.  

Now to finish framing off this latch hook I did with left over yarn from various projects.  I used burlap for the backing.  I am no artist or experienced in rug hooking or anything like it.  I just usually read a few instructions and then take a  try at it.    I was coming home late one evening years ago and saw this huge moon shining through skeletal trees and decided to draw it on burlap, then hook with yarn.  
  Hopefully I can start posting more regularly.

til next time, Betsy 💓




6 comments:

  1. OH my. We were just talking about our shower project a moment ago. We have a tub/shower and it is getting tricky to climb in and out even with the grab bars. We intended to have this project done prior to retirement, but somehow it didn't happen. Hubby is a retired plumber and this will be his last hurrah. We have one bathroom so it will be even more fun. Just the preparation and shuffling of other items (I have to move all the stuff in my pantry that backs up to it so they can get into that adjoining wall for something) has me scared. I can't wait to see your finished project! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Merry, the workers made fast work of it. Electrician, plumber all lined up and came in right away to get work done. I kept the HVAC off because of dust from cutting into tile and cement getting blown around. I did have a lot of wiping up around baseboards and other areas. They were seasoned workers and knew what they were doing. I am happy with it. You are so fortunate that your husband can do the work. This is so expensive to do now.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Such a special card and gift. Can only imagine the wonderful scent of Rose Gold. The card and note is a gift in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    Happy Anniversary to you and Steve!
    You sure got spoiled with your Rose Gold from Tiffany & Co—as well as with those Fabergé eggs!
    Wow, that was quite a job to be done with your shower tiles... You are so right that it is nearly impossible to find craftsmen to take on some repair jobs.
    That latch hook work looks awesome—glad you finished that one.
    It is maybe 50 years ago that I did two large rugs... and smaller ones before that!
    Nothing in my home from that period.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mariette. We had a quiet day at home ordered dinner out and enjoyed our time together.
      I do love seeing the Faberge eggs at Fine arts museum in Richmond Va. Gorgeous!
      The Tiffany cologne is scented so nicely and not overpowering, plus the bottle is pretty too. You are so right about finding craftsmen to do tile work today. We checked and tried to get someone but no such luck. I wish you still had your rugs so I could see them. I am sure they were beautiful! Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
    2. Betsy I have shown them ALL but you have not visited often...

      Here you see my bedroom rugs (3): https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2022/08/on-august-29-in-1983-we-arrived-as.html
      Here the smaller one, which went to Europe and stayed with my Mom: https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2020/10/my-3rd-home-with-my-french-dmc-rose.html
      And the largest one, which also stayed back in Europe with my Mom: https://mariettesbacktobasics.blogspot.com/2020/10/pieter-made-brick-and-wooden-pole-edging.html
      Hugs,
      Mariette

      Delete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy