- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, October 14, 2022

Catching up and home

 Where does the time go?  It's been a month almost since my last post.  We have been busy here getting jobs done that were set up months ago.  One being our kitchen organization and pantry.   

Our pantry combination linen closet in hall.  More room now in kitchen cabinets.

The doors instead of folding are now two doors with a magnet at top to hold them there.

Inside of pantry combination linen closet. 
 The drawers and shelving by Shelf Genie.  They are the best as far as I am concerned.   Extremely knowledgeable and very well-made product. 

Just to remind that pictures enlarge when clicked on

Room for brooms and battery vacuum in corner

  Old shelving taken out and standing in corner. A look ahead to kitchen. Corner cabinet next to oven is a new glide around unit and pull outs for a few other cabinets. So happy to have this done.
We need a new fridge I know, but this one still works for right now.  Grandchildrens art hangs there. 
The glide around has room on sides for things like lids and baking sheets with room at top for bulky items and I will use it for some cooking pans.  

Perfect place for my toaster below

Kitchen cabinets and space now
Later in evening after organizing, well actually I am not no where near finished with that.  Grandchildren made Chicken and gleasons   It cleaned up well afterward and they enjoyed helping.
Guess who cleaned up this mess?   Me..  It's easier for me to do it and they both agreed. 

This is true

All in all, this little sign made by my great niece says it well.


Getting my fall pics inside in order to post, hopefully this evening. 

Almost forgot to mention 😢
Going on at the same time is a fresh coat of paint in the den.  Always something to have to get done. 

Today Friday's brunch is homemade cheese, broccoli, my dried tomatoes and green pepper quiche
πŸ˜‹

Rye toast with greens drizzled with balsamic vinegar


πŸ’–Betsy


8 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    You mention that a month has passed by but your sure did perform some mega tasks at your home!
    That feels so good for getting things done.
    Never mind cleaning up such a mess—a happy mess!
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    PS Today one big job got done that I requested on April 3... The tree guys worked hard and we're real pleased that it got finally done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed Mariette, a happy mess it was. It does feel so good. Tree guys do work hard and they clean so well that one hardly knows a tree was there, except for much sunlight to shine through. Something we need more of now too. Hugs, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm…..that quiche is amazing…like your quote too…every morning when Leaf awake me I say have a good day without worries…πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€….and that last quote that is how my life is at the moment….people will destroy me….but that is not what happened…I get stronger and stronger every day…have a nice weekend….love from me and Leaf πŸ€πŸΎπŸ’—πŸ€

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you have been busy! Good thing you had those helpers! One project just leads to another, doesn't it? The quiche looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you, Betsy, it's been a long time between posts for me, too!! Looks like you've been very busy in that time though. I love that you baked with the grands. My kids bake a lot and I'm always on clean up duty, too!! Oh well, at least I get paid in cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be wonderful starting off the cold weather season with everything so organized. When you're finished would you like to come to my house and start again, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy,
    You have been very busy!! But I bet it feels great to cross things off your To Do List!! everything looks great...Looking forward to seeing more finished projects! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy