- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Wreath and a few things to eat

 Been over two weeks for a post.  Away on vacation, yard work and housework keep me busy.   I did get to make a wreath from last year's plumes from my Japanese silver grass I have near the fence.   It's not really a fall wreath.   I will put a Autumn or fall wreath up on the door when summer ends, I believe September 22nd maybe a little before.  I am still into summer at the moment and not rushing it.

A wire form and some green wire I wrapped several plumes together and then wired to the frame.

I sprayed so the fluffy stuff would keep a little longer. 
Not exactly liking this big bow and will probably put on a single bow and ribbon in deep green or maybe a rust color. 
Looks o.k. from inside too. My two California red crepe myrtles really bloomed nice this year. 

Was going to paint the door but will keep this color another season.


Fresh vegetables cut up 
Made for a good tasting pizza for lunch.  I purchased fresh mozzarella cheese to top with also
Fresh spinach, tomatoes and some basil from garden 
I drizzled a little truffle oil on mine before eating.  Love the truffle oil.
An apple cake I made from scratch.  I used cup of or little more of flour, baking soda, butter, little sugar, cinnamon, eggs, splashes of cream,3 small cut up apples.  Worked out well, I really don't use recipes for these types of baking. I watched my mom and she rarely used recipes either.  Just use what we have.  Great with morning coffee or tea for us.


9 comments:

  1. Gosh, all your food looks so delicious! And your wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be a fabulous baker to be able to bake such a beauty with no recipe, Betsy! It sure looks delicious. Your wreath looks nice. I like to use findings from our garden to put on a form as well. Those plumes are great. Love the color of your crepe myrtle. It looks like mine, but unfortunately our's was hit by that bad January 3rd storm. I'm afraid we are going to have it pruned back drastically. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you got my response by email. It said sent and there was not a "no reply by email" so I figured you did. Happy Week end

      Delete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    That wreath (minus the bow 😏) looks real nice on that door!
    Oh, how we have to always pay a price for having been gone on a vacation...
    It becomes harder with age, for catching up on things!
    Your pizza looks really nice and I looked up the Roland truffle oil and of course they don't give any percentages of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Truffle Flavor and Summer Truffle... A nice way for making money!
    Both of us never bought any as we know there is not enough real truffle in the entire world for covering all that is being sold... But, as long as people buy it?!
    Apple tart/cake/pie is so typical Dutch and your Mom must have been a great cook and her daughter caught on very well. That looks delicious.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariette, You are so right about vacation. I do not want to do a thing right after I come home. The flavor of the truffle oil is great. This is o.k. for my onion soup pour over and eggs. I would like to get the better but way more expensive. Will try sometime though. I am not crazy about the bow at all but there was a gap in the wreath where I didn't have quite enough plumes and I used what I had. Not a fan of fluffy bows much. Thank you so much for compliment of apple breakfast cake as I call it. Not too much cake with very flavorful apple pieces. I loved watching Mama cook and using what was on hand and a lot of times that was not a lot, but she could put things together and tasted so good. Hugs to you and Happy Week end, Betsy

      Delete
  4. Love your wreath…and your pizza….mmmmm….love everything with truffle…mmmmm my favorite…love happy day Ria πŸ€πŸ§‘πŸ’—πŸŒΎπŸ‚πŸŒ»πŸπŸ„ and Leaf 🐾

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy