Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Happy Sunny Tuesday

A good morning greets
Can't get any prettier or sweeter
The scent fills the air
Guide the way.

The Earth Laughs in Flowers...Ralph Waldo Emerson




Happy to see that my pot of hollyhock is still thriving this third season


I am happier among the flowers outside today in the sunshine.


"Flowers are restful to look at, they have neither emotions nor conflicts" - Sigmund Freud


My little rest is up
Now I am back to work hanging clothes on the line.












6 comments:

  1. I love Hollyhocks. Unfortunately my husband pulled mine out by mistake one year. Maybe I will look around for some and try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased this dry root locally, I need to move it to the ground, I see where there are little ones coming up from the seeds it dropped. I love these old fashioned flowers.

      Delete
  2. You have a beautiful garden Betsy and love the Freud quote :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. Peaceful respite for me sitting in the garden area.

      Delete
  3. That is so true about flowers. Can't believe you have hollyhocks in a pot for the third year. I planted three last year...I know they don't bloom the first year but neither of them came up this spring. I don't understand. Hollyhocks will not grow for me! Your flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy,
    Such pretty flowers and I love the quotes!!! So nice to hear that your husband enjoys an afternoon Tea....I recently posted Part 2 of my Tea Room in the dining Room so when you get a chance, stop by again!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy