- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, April 12, 2021

Trying to catch up

Busy few weeks here at home.  Easter was very nice with the children hiding eggs.  Sister and husband visit from Maine which was very nice. 

Easter Bunny  baskets at my house ready for girls to see as soon as they walk in.

Baskets of eggs from hunt in our yard. 

 Dad getting a picture of girls checking for eggs.

Bunny cake.  Couldn't find the black licorice for the nose and mouth.  Only red is what I found. The teeth look a little strange and are malted milk ball eggs.  It is a coconut cake made with cream cheese, butter and whipped cream frosting.  


 These are two eggs the girls colored and put stickers on for us


Beautiful yellow tulips the children also brought us.  I always put the bulbs in pot and they come back next year.


Bulbs I ordered last year and planted them in pots for this year.   I wanted to make sure moles or voles didn't get them.  Not sure what these are called but I love the frilly petals. 
These pretty yellow ones I planted around the boxwood in front.  So far nothing has found these or the hyacinths yet

 More at the chair on sidewalk

 Below are volunteers from previous years


I am going to have to take some time and figure out why every time I go to post a picture here on blogger.  The font has to constantly be changed back and also the size of font.  So frustrating.  

Til next time, Betsy




 

6 comments:

  1. The new blogger was very frustrating. I had few posts when very other paragraph was a different font size. I will admit I hate learning new things. When I tried to correct it, it would shift the position of the paragraph and I couldn't figure out how to move it back. It did get easier.

    Meanwhile, what a fun Easter celebration at your house! I bet the egg hunt was fun. I love all your tulips. My grandmother had a small white fence along the side of her yard. She had such lovely tulips and many varieties. We liked to sit on her porch and watch the cars slow down so they could see them. Sadly the people we sold her house to tore them all out and the fence, too. I had snuck a few out of the garden. If I would have known, I would have dug up the whole thing for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Easter at your house was so much fun. The restrictions here meant that we were unable to meet up with family. Beautiful garden seat and pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and we did have a nice Easter. We are all careful as always. Never stopped seeing all as I baby sit the children as parents have to work. I have never gotten to close to anyone in stores or crowds. Wash hands, cover mouth. The precautions mom instilled in all of us. Most of all laugh and live. Betsy

      Delete
  3. Dearest Betsy,
    Lovely memories of this year's Easter!
    Happy that your sister managed to visit you also.
    Can't help you with your blog problems as I've never had them...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy,
    Looks like you had a lovely Easter!! We have been having some very warm weather and now snow showers are predicted for Friday morning...Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, looks like you had a Happy Easter. I miss the days when we had littles. Not so much fun when they all grow up. I have given up trying to figure out most of the Blogger business. Now I see that following by e-mail is being messed with so I will just mumble along until it gets so bad then I will quit. I find out that if I just type my whole post and let whatever style it comes up with on its own, then when I have finished, I highlight everything and choose the font and stuff that I want and it comes out pretty well. It still is crazy and I guess I am not smart enough to figure out the good in all the changes!..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy