- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, March 28, 2021

This morning we were woken by thunder and rain.  Fell back asleep as I find the sound of rain comforting.   
Mom always said the snakes wake up to the first thunder.  I guess they are all awake now or maybe even last week as we had a day in the 80's and some in the 70's.  
That's o.k. as long as they stay out of my yard.

Dewdrops




My favorite with orange center 




Before the Forsythia even started to  bloom.  I brought in a few twigs picked from the shrub They bloomed very nicely on the mantle in den.  

bulbs planted in several pots this past fall.  I ordered them online from a bulb company and cannot find the names of the ones I ordered.  Oh well, they are tulips and two plants I purchased from Walmart for a dollar.  


More bulbs planted at base of boxwoods coming up nicely.

Getting time to put in larger pots.  I don't have a grow light but being on the porch with light did well.   I just have the natural light for them to grow.  

Parisian cukes need repotting now.

Never had any luck with bells of Ireland coming up.  So far so good with these.  I have a few I repotted and they are making it so far.  



Few days ago some clipping done on this box.  Not sure how much longer it can stay in this pot.  It's been in here quite a while as it was very small when planted.

Growing in big swaths in areas of yard are these pretty little flowers.  Corn speedwell, I believe they are called.  

Grass is in the yard somewhere I hope.    I will sprinkle grass seed in areas and maybe some dirt but getting a little tired of fighting it now. There is a lot of clover in some areas of the yard and that is fine with me.  It's green. 


Capes I made the girls for cooler evenings.  Addy loves blue and Genevieve purple.  It's supposed to get down into the 20's some night this coming week I heard.  Rainy and windy today.



Can see the brick where it was buried in dirt before the patio. It was painted with water proofer.  It does come off and will get to work on that soon.  Looks pretty bad at the moment.


Genevieve's cape


Don't know about anyone else but I have to keep constantly resetting the font and font size when adding a picture. Getting frustrating.  I also have to constantly have settings tweaked so the comments will come to my email address, they don't always and on those rare times I do check the comment section in settings, I see where I missed seeing a comment.  I usually rather respond to comments by email as I don't come back often if at all to original post.  Will keep trying to see if I can get the settings right   

~bh



  

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    LOVE your snowdrops! Ours got all eaten by voles, we had the normal ones and the giant variety and I do love them so much.
    Beautiful daffodils in the pictures.
    And you created some practical capes for the girls to wear. Yes, the weather is like a jojo, still up and down even though we've had nice weather but Thursday and Friday a huge temperature drop coming, also at night in the high 30s.
    We'll be getting there, guess everyone this year is so anxious for spring weather to get OUT and about!
    Don't have any problems with my blog's settings. Nothing and fonds and everything stay the same as I've set them.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, forgot to comment on your excellent photo of the Corn Speedwell; love those blue 'faces'.
    As for the stones, don't fret over it; you got the job done in a timely manner and that is far more important. Rest is cosmetic and it will get done over time...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariette. You are right, we were working to get the patio done before really bad weather set in. I am so glad we did. I am glad you like Corn Speedwell, they let me know that Spring is here.
      Hugs to you, Betsy

      Delete
    2. Strange Betsy as I thought I'd left you another comment where I praised your Snowdrops. Ours are all eaten by the voles, we also had the giant Snowdrops. Miss them...
      Your daffodils are very good looking, healthy.
      And you've created nice capes for your grand-girls; kudos to you!
      We had thunder and rain today...
      Hugs,
      Mariette

      Delete
    3. Hi Mariette, I went back into my emails and I see the comments. They didn't all come together. That is sad about your Snow drops. I called them dew drops for some reason. I notice mine are not as many as last year and have notice a few holes in the area, I bet it's voles active now and I need to do something quick before they get them all. Makes me so angry. It's war here on the voles and moles. It has rained off and on Sunday here too. I am up way too late but I love hearing the wind as it's blowing good outside. March winds. Hugs, Betsy

      Delete
    4. Not only a war on the voles and moles but don't underestimate the large(r) trees!
      Hugs,
      Mariette

      Delete
  3. Betsy,
    Your blooms are lovely...Nothing blooming in my yard yet even though the forsythia has buds on it but snow is predicted on Thursday. So that will probably kill the buds...The capes are so cute...I now have my comments set to moderation so I check my comments now on blogger and via email. was getting too many X rated comments so I stop them before they hit the blog. Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the font changes; I think my first post after the changes had three different font sizes. I dont' do well with change. Your spring flowers are lovely and those capes are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and I don't do well with change either.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    Just wanted to stop by to thank you for visiting!! And I want to wish you a very Happy Easter!!
    Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy