- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Been awhile

Haven't been  posting at all really. I have been busy getting things straight in the house.  Condensing boxes to be put away of Christmas items.  I threw away a box full and need to go through more.
The other night was the most beautiful moon.  I still can't capture the moon like I would like to but here it is anyway.
Shining through the trees behind the garage.


I am leaving out this little tree.  Looking out the window is very foggy.


Before all the fog we took a ride to Colonial beach to look for drift wood and just get out.
Genevieve went with us and was very disappointed because she wanted to take off her shoes and play in the sand. 

She is smiling for the camera but it didn't last long as she just so thought she was going to be able to take her coat off and shoes.





This picture I took on the Pro setting so that is why it's lighter in color.

I took a ride to the  'At Home Store ' just to check out the sales.  I did find some beautifully made magnolia fall garland and a garland with cones and pretty leaves for 75 percent off.  I couldn't pass it up.  Regularly priced at $14.99
The golden wreath was half off in the Christmas isle.

Steve likes these oreo thin filled cookies.  He went to get one.  Not one had a filled center. Adalyn got to them first, ate the center and put them back.  She's a mess.

I have a few more posts for my Christmas blog I will be getting to.

til then - betsy

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    What a job for getting Christmas decorating season behind you and boxed up.
    Wonder what all the commercial gift wrap and decorating for all of the U.S.A. would yield up to in WASTE...
    Yet nobody is fussing about it as it is all about $$$$
    Your granddaughters are a mess, one thinking that the winter beach is a good thing for health and the other eating the core of her Opa's favorite cookies!
    But you got to love them and such memories will be fun to read later...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mariette,
      We enjoy the grand girls so much. We got a laugh out of finding the cookies with no centers. Yes, so many wonderful memories so far.

      Delete
  2. That's nice you all took a drive to Colonial Beach. Looks like Genevieve appears to have found some driftwood. It's been quite foggy here as well, Betsy. Today was so windy on our walk by the river. The wolf moon was gorgeous and is quite tricky to capture. Your photo is lovely. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy,
    You made me chuckle about the cookies!!! Love the garland and the wreath!! I have finished packing away Christmas in the Den, the Powder Room and the Kitchen and have cleaned and re-decorated those rooms for inter with a bit of Valentine's. These were the rooms that I did not get to do last year... I will be packing away Christmas in the Living Room today....It is 18 degrees outside this morning and we had snow squalls yesterday....Tomorrow , we were supposed to get 5-6 inches of snow..
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betsy. I am still putting Christmas away too. I was so proud of myself last year when I got rid of some stuff, but, I swear, it must have multiplied like rabbits in storage because it seemed like I still have as much as I did before..Your header pic is so beautiful of the mountains and I think your moon shot is gorgeous. Mine always come out just like a little pin dot in the sky. Looks like Adelyn played a trick on Grandpa..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy