- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Chair covers

My chairs in the dining area were in need of  re covering.   The set is 20 years old and cleaning the fabric over and over just made it look worse in time.
I went to U Fab store and found some fabric on sale.  They had some great deals and I hit it just right.


 As I was on my way out the door I saw this remnant for $5.00 and figured I could  use the toile for something.  


I went for color this time.    I liked the white but a change is good.


I removed the chair base and it's 4 screws, took off the backing carefully as I wanted to re-use it.  Left the old fabric on.  Not necessary to take this off.
Measured the best I could and added three inches to my measurement for attaching.


The reason the sticks are in the base is because the holes for putting back the screws in the same place was hard to find if I didn't do this.  I am sure there is another way but I don't know it.
Stapled everything down.




got the screws in and off to the other 5



With the weather too cold to do anything outside.  It is time I get things done that really need doing inside.
Til next time
Betsy

8 comments:

  1. Dearest Betsy,
    You are such a clever and very practical woman!
    Love the NEW chairs a lot better, that is perfect.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariette for such a sweet complement. Made me feel good.
      Hugs to you
      Betsy

      Delete
    2. Love that smiley face wink!

      Delete
  2. Nice chairs and you did a great job covering them. I like your choice of fabric. Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice change, and you did a lovely job recovering them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chairs are beautiful and I like the bright fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy